Chevrolet Silverado Reaper: Competition for the Ford Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
So what's this all about? Chevy Reaper; supposedly a competitor to the Ford Raptor; collaboration with Lingenfelter and Fox Racing. Can't seem to find much other than this video and some snippets of info.

Set to be unveiled at the NADA Convention Center in New Orleans (January 24-27), the truck was developed with help from Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and Fox Racing, GM Authority reports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_03JGXiNw

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Southern Comfort Automotive has released a teaser video for a high-performance Chevrolet Silverado called "Reaper" set to be unveiled later this month.

The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor better watch out as Southern Comfort Automotive (SCA) has prepared a sinister-looking Chevrolet Silverado set on to take the high-performance truck from the Blue Oval. The vehicle will be introduced on January 24 in New Orleans, Louisiana at the NADA Convention Center.

It was developed by SCA in collaboration with Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and Fox Racing so it has all the assets of being a proper hardcore truck. It will be more than just a show-off concept as it will be available through select Chevrolet dealerships which distribute Southern Comfort vehicles.

As a reminder, Chevrolet showed at SEMA last year a Silverado Cheyenne concept with a new 420 bhp V8 6.2-liter engine. Chances are the "Reaper" will match or even go beyond this mark to create a more appealing alternative to Ford's F-150 SVT Raptor.
Source: gmauthority.com

http://www.reaperperformanceusa.com/

Meh, specialty vehicle collaboration of 3 aftermarket suppliers.

Raptor is production.

Not really the same thing regardless of performance.

Gawd help 'em if you took a Raptor and put that much money and work into it....it would rip anything you can throw at it a "new hole"....

Last edited:

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Meh, specialty vehicle. Raptor is production. Not really the same thing regardless of performance.

Gawd help 'em if you took a Raptor and put that much money and work into it....

Well at least if it totally bombs, GM won't be out a ton on R&D. I'd be interested to see an off road specialty vehicle from GM, since the whole Z71 thing really has no meaning.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well at least if it totally bombs, GM won't be out a ton on R&D. I'd be interested to see an off road specialty vehicle from GM, since the whole Z71 thing really has no meaning.

Given GM's recent history, they need to back away from any new "halo vehicles" that are going to make nearly nothing in sales and concentrate on building up a solid base line of well selling products to survive the coming storms.

Economic unrest is faaaarrrr from over these days.....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Dug around on "southern comfort" web site. Looking at their specialty "Black Widow" and "Apex" chev truck "conversions", I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a Raptor beater.

They're "cake dressers".

Lame, lame, lame.

Explains why they pulled in Lingenfelter and Fox...that might give it half a chance at least....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
more:

For the past three years, Ford has had the market for ultra-badass (and mega profitable) 4×4 pickups all to itself with its mighty Raptor. Looks like the long wait is over for bowtie fans looking for a super Chevy super-truck of their own, as a mysterious picture has surfaced on the Facebook page of noted tuners Lingenfelter Performance Engineering of a Silverado they’re calling ‘the Reaper’.

The front clip looks completely different from the stock Silverado with enough LEDs to be visible from the orbiting International Space Station. We’ve done some digging and our sources tell us that the Reaper is a package that can be bolted onto any of Chevy’s new pickup range – long bed, short bed, double cab, single cab and so on which gives truck users far more flexibility that the extended-cab and double cab offerings from Ford. Fox Racing’s amazing triple-bypass shocks are the secret of the Raptor’s incredible offroad prowess and we hear that their equipment will be found on the Reaper too – sorry, King Shock fans.

The Reaper will be unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on January 13.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be similar to the Ram Runner being a bolt on kit, hopefully more successful though. Honestly though I don't even see that many Raptors, and I live in prime Raptor country. :shrug:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

That's the Lingenfelter truck. The reaper banner is the background is just a banner.

If that's any indication, it will require one heck of a lot of work to keep up with a Raptor offroad....bolting on a bunch of LED's isn't gonna get it.....:rofl:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Still not much impressive there:

You must be registered for see images

I'm betting on some bolt on body bits, Lingenfelter SC kit, some fox shocks with rims and tires tossed in. Probably a few pretty badges and a high price tag to wrap it all up.

I might not be right, but that's my bet.

That picture is not painting a very good picture either.

Big old plastic bumper, puffed out grill and funky looking LED's.

Gross.

Last edited: