Chevrolet Silverado Reaper: Competition for the Ford Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I hate myself for liking the front clip. And I would choose a ram runner over raptor any day...

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

That's the Lingenfelter truck. The reaper banner is the background is just a banner.

If that's any indication, it will require one heck of a lot of work to keep up with a Raptor offroad....bolting on a bunch of LED's isn't gonna get it.....:rofl:

Wow... not a lot of clearance from the tires to the bodywork there... would not want to stuff that in a turn and rip off some lugs and / or tupperware.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dug around on "southern comfort" web site. Looking at their specialty "Black Widow" and "Apex" chev truck "conversions", I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a Raptor beater.

They're "cake dressers".

Lame, lame, lame.

Explains why they pulled in Lingenfelter and Fox...that might give it half a chance at least....

Ya those trucks are all over here. They bolt on a lift, add a muffler shop style dual exhaust some ugly rims an bigger tires, a bull bar with a few lights, grill insert and maybe some interior bits and charge another $15k for the truck. People are buying them though... :nono:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Ya those trucks are all over here. They bolt on a lift, add a muffler shop style dual exhaust some ugly rims an bigger tires, a bull bar with a few lights, grill insert and maybe some interior bits and charge another $15k for the truck. People are buying them though... :nono:

They have
coal miner edition
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.481228298559395.126198.253680284647532&type=3
Southern comfort
http://www.mcmvehicles.com/blackwidow/
Z92
http://gtcarlot.com/vehicle-archives/Chevrolet_Silverado+1500_LT+Z92+Crew+Cab+4x4.html
Rocky ridge
http://www.rockyridgevans.com/products.html

And a few other bolt on kits around here :nono:

They look nice, but it's all mall crawler trucks. Which is whatever, but they try to market them as being the badest off-road **** on the market... Most of them have been bought by coal miners for their wife's... It's just saying "hey, I have money" nothing is special about them. I'd rather have a lifted 400. Mall crawler or not..

Last edited:

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Still not much impressive there:

I'm betting on some bolt on body bits, Lingenfelter SC kit, some fox shocks with rims and tires tossed in. Probably a few pretty badges and a high price tag to wrap it all up.

I might not be right, but that's my bet.

That picture is not painting a very good picture either.

Big old plastic bumper, puffed out grill and funky looking LED's.

Gross.

But don't you know, each LED adds 10HP!

Wow... not a lot of clearance from the tires to the bodywork there... would not want to stuff that in a turn and rip off some lugs and / or tupperware.

Meh, what do you expect from an engine tuning company that typically works on corvettes and the like :lol:

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern Comfort, ALC (American Luxury Coach), Rocky Ridge, and Regency are all basically just "conversion" companies. Throw on a lift, tires, special things to head rests, add a set of nice floor mats, bull bars, some add a rear tire swing out with extra fifth tire. its what i like to call a pretty boy truck. all for show. hardly ever see any of them off road or for that matter anybody that looks like they would be driving a lifted truck. and then they are priced 10+ grand over dealers price, which is already priced over actual cost. Just saying.

with Lingenfelter involved you can expect power. ive seen a few Lingenfelter trucks and they had power power power. hopefully fox shocks will pull though with the suspension and what not. i wonder what tire they will choose to go with.