check engine flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont drive it much iv only put 10,000 on it in 2 years

When you did your tune up what brand parts did you use for the cap, rotor, wires an plugs?

Get the codes pulled for sure before buying parts....

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Both are secondary o2 sensor codes most likely why the light to flash. Du you still have your cats? Check to make sure your 02s are still connected. Any recent maintance performaned on the truck? Couple quick checks from a tootle search.

Air leaks in exhaust in front of o2 sensor giving false reading Engine running excessively lean O2 sensor connector damaged/corroded O2 sensor signal circuit is shorted to ground O2 sensor ground circuit is open O2 sensor has failed (it may be contaminated with fuel or coolant)

Sent from a wannabe ipad

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Hmmm, those codes don't seem very consistent with the problems you're having.

One is Heated O2 circuit and the other is related to catalytic converter efficiency....

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
I still have my cats they are new and I replaced the o2 sensors two years ago the check engine light always stays on because there is a bad ground I think on bank 2 that is bad I think that's what my mechanic told me but the are working the flashing light is something new I was hoping when I read the codes there would be a new one in there that I didn't know about but just the same two

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
So, is a shop working on it or are you?

If you're doing it yourself, I'd pop the distributor cap off next and have a look at the posts, button and the rotor, then meter the wires....if it's in a shop, they are most likely way past that point and much deeper into it....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you used cheaper parts store brand on the cap rotor an wires they are probably junk by now. Id start there personally.

I used this tune up kit here. If you price all the AC delco components separately this kit is about the same price. The cap has brass terminals an the wires are prefect fit an have super low resistance....

Scroll down to the firepower ignition kit...

http://www.performancedistributors.com/vortec.htm

I used the over the valve cover wire set.

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
i have a buddy that works on the truck hes out of town so im just trying to get some ideas i will look a the distributor cap thank you all for the help this is a great site and has the best people on here