check engine flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
i have a 96 chevy ext cab with a 5.7 today i was getting on the highway and when i would accelerate it would feel like a tire was out of balance and the check engine light would flash when i would let off the gas the check engine light would stop flashing and the vibration would stop also. it would only do it as i was accelerate. trying to maintain my speed up a hill. it wouldn't do it if i let the truck drop in speed for the hill not trying to press hard an the gas does anyone know what this might be thank you.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I would start by scanning check engine light. Excess fuel is being dumped to prevent detonation. Flashing light indicates possibility for catalyst damage. Scan light and post back with code

Sent from a wannabe ipad

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A flashing ses is from a P0300 random/ multiple misfire. That's why it felt that way an also why it stopped when you let off the gas.

when was the last time the truck got a tune up an a fuel filter....

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
I bought it 2 years ago and tuned it up and new distributor and replaced the fuel filter

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles since then? The fuel filters need to be changed much more often than that on these trucks...

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like bad injectors. Had that same problem some years back. Truck would not do over 30 mph before check engine light would flash rapidly.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk