Cheap ways to fix/look decent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is creased neithe heat nor suction cups will do you any good. That is replacement panel time.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'll try the heat thing first. I'm just afraid to melt the paint. I've tried a suction cup but couldn't get enough pull strength to get it out.
Any idea on actual temperature? Like degrees to set it at?

From what I've seen, you should be able to hold your hand in front of the heatgun without burning your hand (don't know what temp) and the paint will be fine. I (and many others) have used heatguns to remove the doublesided tape behind the moldings without burning the paint.
But Skylark is probably right about having to replace the panel.

tylerlayne

Reaction score
If you haven't repaired it yet you might try pushing it out with a 2x4. You need to push from the inside on the body lines (where the body side molding is) The body lines give the panel its strength. Until you get that area out nothing else will come out. If you have taken the inner trim panel off put a 2x4 on the body line and knock it out using a 2 or 3 lb sledge hammer striking the 2x4 and not the metal itself with the hammer. You have to be careful not to just whale away at it or you will stretch the metal more than it already is. Once you get the lines out the rest should just pop out easily.