Cheap ways to fix/look decent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

What?

Reaction score
Problem with cheap cab corners by aftermarket are fitment isnt as good as factory.

How much time and money do you want to put effort into it? For same amount of it, better off spent time working to earn extra money to get one in better condition.

CrashCarson

Reaction score
Yeah I wrecked it unfortunately. Not in any relation to my screen name though.

Got a black door and mirror today. An a wheel. Door was from a Tahoe, and has a red pinstripe haha. Will try to get at all on by this weekend. $250 for it all.

I'm really not trying to put much more into it. Just not that worth it for me right now. Unless something comes along that's way cheaper.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish i could find entire cabs/beds where I am, that are in half decent condition in a wrecker yard haha..
Still looking for a box for my '94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to a small rather unknown bodyman who had a fully equipped shop and did work on older muscle cars etc, got him to replace my two front fenders and just prime since I wasnt decided on paint color yet. Also got him to weld in a new piece in my one rocker and cut out the rust. Cost me $1500 for all of that.

My buddy had a '96 gmc he took and talked to the guy at the same time, he wanted his cab corners fixed since they had rusted out. He was told it would be more than what mine would cost. I think he said $800-$1200 for those small cab corners. (albeit he would have got them repainted too)
Usually to do cabcorners right you need to remove the whole box which does take labor.

CrashCarson

Reaction score
Well got the new door on, removed the trim and just need to get the old adhesive off. New wheel was put on, then went flat after a day, had to get a new tire, so maybe the original wheel was good. Cannot for my life find that hubcap! Called a local place and they say they have them, I just gotta go and get it. Truck made a 7 hour drive the other day (longest its ever made in its life haha).

Still trying to figure out how to get some of that dent out. I can get inside and pull out the small compartment, can see the dent on the other side but cant figure out how to hit it. Anyone know how to take more of the trim off below the armrest? I'm afraid I'll have to remove the seat.
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The seat is literally 2 bolts and slides right off

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a tree fall on the roof of mine, and its double walled so you cant beat it from inside. So I used a stud welder from Harbor Freight to yank most of it out. Worked real well.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I have no idea if or how well this works on your truck but I've seen a few videos on youtube where they used a suction cup (someting like a plunger) on the dent to pull it out. Another thing is heating with a hairdryer or heatgun (not to warm) and the dent pops out on it's own, if it doesn't you could help out by pushing from the inside, might be worth trying since it doesn't damage the paint.

CrashCarson

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'll try the heat thing first. I'm just afraid to melt the paint. I've tried a suction cup but couldn't get enough pull strength to get it out.
Any idea on actual temperature? Like degrees to set it at?