CB Radios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my big truck I have a connex 3300hp, 150 watt Texas star kicker through 18 feet of good quality coax mounted to a monkey made antenna.
18 feet is the magic number on coax length.. swr under 1 at dead key is best when tuning an antenna. My set up dead keys 4 watts of power and swings 137 watts of power. On a cloudy day I can talk 12-15 miles and hear about 10...... and don't even try to talk over me it wont happen..I would show pics but its all tucked into my over head dash/console thing over my windshield except for the radio face plate and the antennas are on the mirrors.

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can we see your mounting setup? I'd like to stick a scanner in mine....

I'll take one tomorrow. I thought I had one kicking around but I don't.

I actually took my CB out because I never talk on it. I just programmed the 40 CB channels into the scanner so I can listen to them.

I have it mounted on an over head shelf like LMC truck sells. Very handy.

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few pictures of my setup. Scanner is a BCT 8. Antenna is a Radio Shack magnet mount.

You must be registered for see images

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my fathers truck, he mounted the CB to the bottom of the cupholder, and ran the wires under the carpet, and then drilled a hole in the floor near where the seatbelt bracket is. He then ran it out of the cab, over the frame rail between the cab and bed, and then mounted the antenna to the front lip of the bed, under the rear window.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a great CB...Just trying to figure out an antenna for it. I want something that is low profile, and not noticeable...The only real time it would be used is in a convoy, so I was thinking about getting one of those glass mounts...lol I know, they suck, but I dont want a huge antenna on it.

Shawn