CB Radios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thread here but I found and bought a Cobra 29 LTD Classic with Nightwatch on Craigslist for $50. I have a 95 ECSB and plan on mounting it on the floor on the transmission hump. I plan on running 2 4' Firestiks on either side of bed right behind the cab. I was just curious to see if anyone had a smiliar set up or how they ran the wires and cables for the antennas. I'm new to the CB thing because they're a little before my time so any info on how to tune or even use the radio itself would be helpful!

Oh, the reason I wanted to put one of these in is because I drive mostly highway to community college AND a friend of mine is a football manager for WVU so I will be traveling down there a lot to watch football games, and to gain valuable information and life lessons from my friends :cheers:.........and from central PA its about a 3-3.5 hour drive on mostly highway so I figured it could be useful then as well.

Thanks,
Adam

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I have a Wilson 1000 drilled and mounted right through the center of my roof. It's the best set up I could find. It's above the highest line of the vehicle for great reception. The 1000 is a nice metal whip also. It comes with a cover plate so you can unscrew the antenna from it's mounting base on the underside of the roof and screw in the cap so water doesn't get in while the antenna is out.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you'll actually only run a coax to one antenna, the other one will be a dummy, just for looks.

Great score by the way!!!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you'll actually only run a coax to one antenna, the other one will be a dummy, just for looks.

Great score by the way!!!

Yes. You can buy a T fitting for the coax cable but the reception will be worse with two antenna's then with just one.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
For mine i used a hole saw to cut the holes to run the cables but my cb is behind the seat

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You could also run it through the cab vent in the back.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
just put a little bit of silicone around the edges of the wire. If you wanted a pro job you could run the coax along the frame and up through the firewall. Drill a hole and use a rubber grommet.