CB Radios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have wilson K40 antanna on my truck but its out on the hood. I need to getvit tuned but i should be able to get out very fsr after that. Im also running a Galxey cb with am/fm/upper and lower side band its pretty sweet. Its also mounted to the transmission hump.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
My setup is pretty simple lmao... I just aligned mine with my radio and attacked the bracket to the dash and set in in. After seeing that metal console, im definitly going to try something like that, i drooled over that pic for about 5 minutes
You must be registered for see images attach

antenna in the back, still looking for an extension eversince i moved it 5 feet back about a week ago, hasnt been wired yet... i cant listen to people on the tollway yet.. :nono:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two months later and I finally got my CB, and antennas installed. I run a Cobra 25LTD Classic hooked to my power outlet (for right now). I have two cophased 4' Firestik II antennas mounted on my bed next to the stake pockets. I have yet to run the coax cable because I plan on doing it on the frame then drilling the firewall. I plan on doing this to avoid unsightly cables in my cab. The CB is mounted on a transmission hump bracket which required no drilling! (I hate drilling holes).

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any good quality hidden CB antennas? I'd like to keep a fairly street/stock looking setup. I'm thinking I would make a custom bracket to fit the radio in my center console where the CD holder is, I just need to measure to see if I could fit the unit in there. Does anyone know of anyone or have any pics of one setup like this?

Otherwise, I'll just skip it and get a cupholder for that. I don't want to have a big whip sticking out. Looks fine on off road trucks, but not so much on pavement pounders. Besides, I can guarantee it would get jacked.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any good quality hidden CB antennas? I'd like to keep a fairly street/stock looking setup. I'm thinking I would make a custom bracket to fit the radio in my center console where the CD holder is, I just need to measure to see if I could fit the unit in there. Does anyone know of anyone or have any pics of one setup like this?

Otherwise, I'll just skip it and get a cupholder for that. I don't want to have a big whip sticking out. Looks fine on off road trucks, but not so much on pavement pounders. Besides, I can guarantee it would get jacked.

You could get a quick disconnect for the antenna like this:

You must be registered for see images

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score

There is no such think as a hidden CB antenna that will work well. You best bet would be to get one that you can remove. My 98 had a Wilson 1000 right in the center/back off the roof. You have to drill a hole in the roof and it's got two pieces that screw together with two rubber gaskets that sandwich it together. Then you can unscrew the antenna and it's got a filler piece that you can screw in to close the hole up.

With the antenna off you wouldn't even know it was there.

In this video he shows the mag mount first then the bolt through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziT6Slx8Cc

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
They make antennas that look stock and not too bulky but they don't work as well as a good antenna like a k40 or fire stick. You could always do the radio antenna delete and run the cb antenna there. I've seen that one done before. I personally have it so I can unscrew the antenna when not in use

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
just put a little bit of silicone around the edges of the wire. If you wanted a pro job you could run the coax along the frame and up through the firewall. Drill a hole and use a rubber grommet.

I must be a pro... that's what I did! :rofl: