cats or no cats?? that is the question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok so I had the cats taken off and sold them for 75.00 due to one of them being broken up on the inside. The other was almost completely clogged so needless to say my truck sounds and performs MUCH better than it did with the cats on. Next up is goin to be an x pipe and 3" dumps and if i can afford it i'd like to have the shop custom make me some 2.5" pipes from the collectors to the mufflers.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm having a CAT issue too. One exhaust pipe has more pressure than the other. Should throw a code right? hasn't yet.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I think I'm having a CAT issue too. One exhaust pipe has more pressure than the other. Should throw a code right? hasn't yet.

Wont always throw a code, The general consensus is that cats suck, take them out for some better sounding exhaust and possibly some performance increase.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But here in good ole wonderful NY state, we have to run CATs. I think I better see about getting some new ones. I just put a new crate motor in her, and don't need any issues. :hmm:

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
But here in good ole wonderful NY state, we have to run CATs. I think I better see about getting some new ones. I just put a new crate motor in her, and don't need any issues. :hmm:
Do you have a yearly sniff test to get plates?

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a yearly sniff test to get plates?
We don't have sniff tests, but to pass inspection every year, you have to be running CATS. I'm going to my regular repair shop tomorrow morning to talk it over with him. My new dual exhaust is even sounding weird when I'm on the throttle. Sounds "flutttery" is the best way to explain it I guess. Something's not quite right somewhere!!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Fluttery? That makes me wonder if he installed the mufflers backwards, or if one is installed in reverse while the other is correct.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fluttery? That makes me wonder if he installed the mufflers backwards, or if one is installed in reverse while the other is correct.
One of the pipes does sound different than the other. Dammit! I hope that's not what happened! It would be my luck......:nono: