cats or no cats?? that is the question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
If they do just a visual inspection then clean your cats out. It's pretty easy to do and only you'll know. PM me to learn more.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
One of the pipes does sound different than the other. Dammit! I hope that's not what happened! It would be my luck......:nono:

Pipes that aren't equal-length and that don't have any type of crossover pipe or shared chamber muffler(classicly known as true duals), will not have matching tones anyways. Installing a chambered or turbo muffler backwards will also cause a bit of fluttering. There's a video on here somewhere that has twin glasspacks, one of which is installed backwards, and you can hear the disrupted airflow on that side. You can easily check for reversed mounting, the mufflers have "inlet" or "outlet" stamped on each end.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going out right now to check them. The muffler shop guy wants me to stop by today so he can check it out. 25 miles away....but it needs to be done!

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went and found he has them both backwards!! The outlet stamped on them is facing forward. I can't win!! Going to see him for sure now.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hahahaha........maybe he thought your engine was in the back and you were gonna run your exhaust out the front as a redneck snowblower? :nono: Some people just don't think, I think it's time you change shops after they correct it.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh boy, I needa learn how he does that!!! My girl let out a gas bomb on our last road trip that had me pulling over and gagging........

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy, I needa learn how he does that!!! My girl let out a gas bomb on our last road trip that had me pulling over and gagging........[/QUOT
So the muffler shop and I had a heated conversation today. He told me he had to put the mufflers backwards due to limited space with the offsets. I told him it sounds like **** with them backwards. He all of a sudden said he would order the right mufflers and redo the work, but it won't be for a week and a half cuz he's going on vacation. I left to go to another shop to show and tell them. They laughed at the job. Said he had plenty of space to run them the RIGHT way! I'm going to write a letter to the main office and see what I can get accomplished.