Carbureted guys, get in here! (Need some advice).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Joey, if you really don't want to rebuild it yourself, most of the reputable shops around here will rebuild any Holley for around $70.

I don't mind rebuilding it at all. I want to so I know what the hell is going on inside haha.

And to the other guy, it's got plenty of power, like I said, I want SOUND. I don't race anymore, it's getting a solid axle and bigger tires.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
And what cam would you recommend, Jack? I want lope. That's it. Summit has pretty cheap cams, and it's already roller converted, so all I need is the cam and maybe springs if I need to go with higher lift.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah I figured even a 650 would have been a little overkill. But will I be able to run a lopey cam with no problems with my 750? Not for power, just for sound. Maybe bump up to .400 lift with a big overlap? Keep in mind I know next to nothing about carbs and not much about cams. I already have a stall converter.
My Demon is rated at 650CFM, and i run a fairly big cam (.480 Lift, 107LSA), its really lopey.

750 will run fine, probs be a little rich, hell i had a 850DP on my truck for awhile, ran awesome but you could smell the gas, you could literally watch the fuel gauge move!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
And what cam would you recommend, Jack? I want lope. That's it. Summit has pretty cheap cams, and it's already roller converted, so all I need is the cam and maybe springs if I need to go with higher lift.

if you are only after sound, look at the Comp Thumpr series, i run their ***** Thumpr in mine, but mine is flat tappet. Sounds really mean.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
My Demon is rated at 650CFM, and i run a fairly big cam (.480 Lift, 107LSA), its really lopey.

750 will run fine, probs be a little rich, hell i had a 850DP on my truck for awhile, ran awesome but you could smell the gas, you could literally watch the fuel gauge move!

OUCH haha hopefully I can get her running good. Maybe throw a wideband on it.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited: