Carbureted guys, get in here! (Need some advice).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I beg to differ on the quadrajunk.

Willys 4160 based. Can't go wrong.

~Via Mobile

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Seems like everyone is recommending Quads. Do they come in square bore? And Dean is right, I've got a carb intake, but it's a square bore.

Also, sorry for the late reply, everyone. Went on a fishing trip.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only spread bore but we use an open center square to spread bore adapter on the F150. I believe Edelbrock makes a four hole adapter also. It would help with bottom end grunt where the open one would be better with a higher stall converter and taller rear gears.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What type of transmission and rear gears do you have. 650 is about right on fixed venturi flow sizing, but can have a serious bog if the rest of your setup isn't right. Holley is still a much better carb than the Edelbrock though IMHO. It's definitely worth a try. If you can't out tune the bog, trade it for a vacuum secondary Holley.

Last edited:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
What type of transmission and rear gears do you have. 650 is about right on fixed century flow sizing, but can have a serious bog if the rest of your setup isn't right. Holley is still a much better carb than the Edelbrock though IMHO. Is definitely worth a try. If you can't out tune the bog, trade it for a vacuum secondary Holley.

700r4 with 3.42s. It is a vacuum secondary.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is a vacuum secondary, it's not a double pumper. Double pumper is a slang term for mechanical secondaries. Because all four throttle plates open completely if you floor it, the mechanical secondary carburetors need an accelerator pump on each end to provide fuel since the venturies have not begun to pull fuel out of the bowls yet.

A vacuum secondary only opens the primary side when you hit the throttle and only needs a pump on the primary side since the secondaries are not yet letting any air into the engine.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an edelbrock 1406 600 cfm on my 78. I set it up when I installed it an haven't touched it since. It runs great an is a great carb imo. I don't know why there is so much hate for them....

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Yeah if its a vac sec.. its not a DP bro. Run the numbers off the choke horn on the web to see what u really have.. or post it on here and we'll help ya out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: