Cammed vortec doesnt start without opening throttle!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi i have a mildly built 350 vortec .30 over h beams forged crank 10.1 CR 500 lift cam 220/224 110lsa cam and it will not start without applying throttle if i hit the key it will bump a few times then die right after! Need
You must be registered for see images
some help guys i swapped the 0411 into it and lexitech hooked me up with a good starter tune an btw once its running it idles pretty good but just its hard to get started! My buddy that builds circle track motors says it ls to lean when trying to fire it up??

Vortec powered iphone:D

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is probably running lean. Hopefully you compensated for the cam with adequate fuel supply.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is probably running lean. Hopefully you compensated for the cam with adequate fuel supply.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Are you certain you lined everything up right putting the cam in with relation to the crank and the distributor in relation to the cam? Sounds like you might be a tooth off, it's worth a check.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It probably just needs to relearn how to idle. I don't remember if there is an idle relearn mode in the functional tests, but driving it will allow it to relearn and adjust minimum airflow and IAC position.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i have about 2000 miles on it now and we still havent corrected the startup issue it idles great and runs great lol my injectors are at 102% duty cycle so since my buddy is a fast dealer were gonna be using a single plane from fast with ls3 injectors and the fast 1000cfm throttle body with all ls sensors and my vortec dizzy

Vortec powered iphone:D