Cam options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to get similar power with the stock heads and 20 mpg @ 70 pushing a brick into the wind. I do not know why you claim that....TBI engines are most restrictive in this order. Exhaust, Cam, Intake Manifold, then TBI.
What were you using for parts to do this with tbi heads? I've got the motor out of my 95 and trying to figure out what I'm putting back in. It blew a head gasket between center cylinder on drivers side and ate a groove in the head and block. I was bummed out was drilled for a roller cam. 95 k2500 sclb 410 gears 5.7 4l80. I want it to sound good and pull good. 300hp and 400 ftlb at crank would make it a fun driver. I run 100 miles a day on 75mph freeway with it and high teens would have me clicking my balls together lol

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It blew a head gasket between center cylinder on drivers side and ate a groove in the head and block.
I hate it when that happens. This is also between #3 and #5, on my " '92 Caprice service replacement" "crate engine". Went ~18 years in my K1500.

You must be registered for see images attach

I think the block can be saved by decking it. There's no hope for the head.

high teens would have me clicking my balls together
She'd have to be an exceptionally pretty one to do that to me. And I think I'd have to be high, too.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate it when that happens. This is also between #3 and #5, on my " '92 Caprice service replacement" "crate engine". Went ~18 years in my K1500.

I think the block can be saved by decking it. There's no hope for the head.

She'd have to be an exceptionally pretty one to do that to me. And I think I'd have to be high, too.
Mine was bad. Probably 1/4 to 3/8 inch Grove in block and head. No wonder those cylinders had zero compression.