Cam options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those 96 1 ton G Vans did not have Vortecs, they were rated at like 185 hp and I have seen some Mexican Trucks and Tahoes that had Vortecs but they were not TBI.
Some of the vans had a ~230 HP vortec head TBI. I have even posted the power rating straight from GM Heritages website. The Mexican trucks were TBI until 98-99ish and had Vortecs as well.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the manifold I have seen multiple of on boats and vans. They use the 2" bore TBI units with the late style large foot IAC castings. The 350 vans I have seen had the 366/427 C6500 style governed TBI units on them as well as the 30 psi fuel system. Manifold is cast iron. This was factory GM issue on some of the vans. The ones I have seen them on have the school bus medium duty style truck fold forward hoods and still used a V-belt style accessory setup. GVW on it was high enough it did not have EGR.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the OE installed TBI unit on those vans as well. I had one of these installed in my 83 years ago and re-wrote the governor code in the 7427 PCM to cut throttle with large VSS increases indicating wheel spin. Worked excellent as a traction control system. These injector pods are the one the Brazilian I6 Ethanol injectors fit in as well. The Brazilian injectors are about 110 lb/hr each as a single injector fed a 250 I6 on E85.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was an earlier 90s governed TBI 350 van engine. You can tell it was factory as well. The ac compressor brace braket bolts to the TBI unit. As you can see GM did some odd things on the later G-vans.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Some of the vans had a ~230 HP vortec head TBI. I have even posted the power rating straight from GM Heritages website. The Mexican trucks were TBI until 98-99ish and had Vortecs as well.
wow a 25hp drop and the only difference is the fuel system do you know what the torque is?

99xcss4

Reaction score
This was an earlier 90s governed TBI 350 van engine. You can tell it was factory as well. The ac compressor brace braket bolts to the TBI unit. As you can see GM did some odd things on the later G-vans.

I thought the only truck based engines that had a governor were the tall deck 366 and 427 and maybe the gmc big block v6s that were made from 60-66 and other older medium duty engines

99xcss4

Reaction score
I wish the 454 would have had that one year only treatment a vortec 454 fed by the late high pressure 25-32 psi fuel pump with the 90lb pr hour tbi sounds really good to me. it is not like I can not make one but a factory one would be cool

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the manifold I have seen multiple of on boats and vans. They use the 2" bore TBI units with the late style large foot IAC castings. The 350 vans I have seen had the 366/427 C6500 style governed TBI units on them as well as the 30 psi fuel system. Manifold is cast iron. This was factory GM issue on some of the vans. The ones I have seen them on have the school bus medium duty style truck fold forward hoods and still used a V-belt style accessory setup. GVW on it was high enough it did not have EGR.

I want one lol