Cam and Lifter kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So Ive been toying around with the idea that when the time comes to replace my intake gaskets I might as well do a cam a lifter kit, along with other things like timing chain, new push rods maybe even springs and rockers. Cause you know the saying "while im in there". Ive been looking around and I cant seem to find a specific cam and lifter kit for the vortec 350. Something just for a daily driver. Has anyone come across something or what have you used? All help is great!

Cheers

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a lot of them out there actually. Comp Cams has a lot of different grinds for this engine. More or less, what you are looking for is a cam for a roller lifter Gen I, SBC. Also the stock heads can't tolerate much more lift then stock, .475 if I remember right. So, you'd have to swap in some new springs and retainers (beehive) to compensate for this, as well as widen the hole for the pushrods.

Also, if you are going to run a cam you should get it tuned to get most out of it and for that you'd want to step up to a 411 ECU swap. Not hard or expensive, think around $100-$150 for the ECU. The tune is more though, about $300. Then since you are doing all that you might want to throw in some headers. That should give you a very stout L31. Then be ready to plop some money down for a transmission performance rebuild since that will pretty quickly destroy the stock 4L60E, or you'll be doing the 4L80E swap.

Not trying to discourage you, but just painting a broader picture. :)

Travis

Reaction score
Heh- that's why a lot of people will modify the externals before the internals. Start upgrading the inside, and all of a sudden, you've got a bunch of "weak links" ;)