Cab corner problems and solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
This is not quite correct. The factory uses a 2 component expanding foam to seal the side of the floor to the cab corner in every truck I have cut apart.... which has been lots I can tell you. It is not a hard foam like used to seal around windows and doors in a home, rather it's a soft foam.

: removes foot from mouth:

Wow learn somEthing new every day. never knew that

Adam

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
New rockers cab corners and bed liner and I'm getting that foam out if I can to make sure it won't rust as soon

Im not sure that its completely necessary to remove... They put it there for a reason. I cant see it being the problem more then the fact that... the dirt gets in and cant get out. That's what causing the issues of moisture... Also here, its salt! Salt eats these trucks within a few years old.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
True for it being there for a reason but the bed liner will at least slow the rust from starting again

It definitely will.... im leaving the foam there, im rebuilding the inner roacker and sealing it good. Then im using a chassis paint to make sure it doesn't happen again. Im probably going to undercoat it inside from the inside of the cab... im sure it'll last along time after that! :)