C Notch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theBOY

Reaction score
I think the time has come where I've lowered the rear of my truck as possible without a notch. I would like for it to be lowered around 8-10 inches in the back. Currently my truck is lowered 6 inches in the rear using hangers and shackles and yes it does ride a little rough. I'm thinking a flip kit and notch would put right about where I want to be. What I'm wanting to know is if the c notch in this link is any good as far as the brand and if it will actually fit under my bed floor since my truck has already been dropped quite a bit.

http://www.avsontheweb.com/super-c-notch-88-98-and-99-04-gm-full-size-mount-under-floor-no-cutting/

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
avs is a pretty good brand, I've used some of their stuff. That notch will work. Id put the stock hangers back on it, mines 8" in the back with just a flip kit and shackles and it doesn't ride very good.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Currently my truck is lowered 6 inches in the rear using hangers and shackles and yes it does ride a little rough.
Hangers and shackles = 4" drop, and shouldn't affect your ride quality whatsoever unless you're loaded down enough to hit bump stops.

If you're lower than 4" from stock then someone has also done something else to the truck, possibly to the springs. That would definitely make it ride crummy.

Richard

theBOY

Reaction score
avs is a pretty good brand, I've used some of their stuff. That notch will work. Id put the stock hangers back on it, mines 8" in the back with just a flip kit and shackles and it doesn't ride very good.

Thanks man, most of their stuff is pretty affordable so I didn't know if it was good quality or not.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that seems similar to what a local guy did to my truck but he hand built it want a kit or anything.
You must be registered for see images attach

im 8" with hangars and the notch.