bursh guard brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
Hey all, just got a brush guard from an 03 tahoe from the local fire dept for the low price of free and I have one issue: the tahoe itself is long gone and the brackets that mount the guard to the frame went with it. I was thinking about making some that sandwich in between the frame and the tow hooks so I can keep the hooks (love and use them a LOT) and still have a nice solid guard. I think its made by westin but I cant be sure as there are no markings on it anywhere but its a nice solid one piece construction with nice welds and the wide rubber trimmed edges (like a push bar). Anyone have mount pictures I could use as reference and or made their own brackets? I want it pretty solidly mounted since I will inevitably hit something with it and dont want it bending or breaking off the truck. Thanks!

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
My grille guard has an l shaped bracket that mounts at the tow hooks. And a hook bracket that hooks to the top of the bumper

sent from my Vortec powered s4

Owain Arwel

Reaction score
But that's not all there is to the Rampage Grille Guard Mounting Kit, because it can be used not just as a grille guard mount but also as a light bar. The mounting brackets can be easily adjusted and repositioned, and can hold up to four accessory lights on your ride's front.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
If you want to get it on cheap and quick, you can use angle iron. I took my Tow hooks off and had a shop weld it right to the frame using the angle iron and to the top of the bumper for extra stability. Then you can weld the tow hooks on either under the guard, or drill holes in the push bars for them like mine.

You must be registered for see images

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
I had seen some angle iron ones on another truck site I stumbled upon after some intensive Googling lol. I think thats my plan. Just get some nice stout angle iron, sandwich it between the tow hooks and the frame then run it out and up front, weld on some plate steel for the guard to bolt to then weld up some bumper braces too to make it that much stiffer and call it a day. I eventually want to add a winch too but a proper winch bumper will come first.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
As promised. Sorry theyre low quality and probably sideways or upside down
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
Clever actually. I think I may make some bumper tabs also. Give it that extra strength. Im not trying to make the Titanic but I want it to be able to take a few hits and not worry about it bending

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Clever actually. I think I may make some bumper tabs also. Give it that extra strength. Im not trying to make the Titanic but I want it to be able to take a few hits and not worry about it bending

I want to reinforce mine one of these days. Used it to push some hayracks around no problems