Bummer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a doner truck with a BB to stuff into my 89 1/2 ton, found this today on CL:

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/6037246622.html

Called the guy and he still had it but said he already had someone coming to look at it in a few hours, said I could come take a look at it as well and if the other people didn't want it I was next up. Tons of excellent parts. 67k original miles on the clock and it showed, other than needing a good cleaning it was in very nice shape. Frame didn't look all that bad and it didn't pull at all when I drove it but the left front wheel rubbed on the back of the fender well opening when turning left. Would have been the perfect truck! Oh well...the search continues.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So did the other guy buy it? When trucks get hit dead on the end of a frame rail they tend to bend behind the front suspension mount points where the frame turns down they push in. Toughest thing to repair. I have been through a lot of negotiations with Ins. appraisers over this. Either new frame or total it as I don't feel that type damage could be corrected properly.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, other guy bought it. Wasn't a dead on hit on the frame rail. The drivers side front bumper and fender was mildly damaged but whatever they hit shoved the left front wheel backwards and bent the frame just behind the upper control arm. Might have been fixable...hard to say. The truck came from an auction site so your assessment with the insurance is probably spot on.

I was primarily interested in the drivetrain. The 454 ran very well and it was nice and clean as was the rest of the truck.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, other guy bought it. Wasn't a dead on hit on the frame rail. The drivers side front bumper and fender was mildly damaged but whatever they hit shoved the left front wheel backwards and bent the frame just behind the upper control arm. Might have been fixable...hard to say. The truck came from an auction site so your assessment with the insurance is probably spot on.

I was primarily interested in the drivetrain. The 454 ran very well and it was nice and clean as was the rest of the truck.
Like Bob L said that's a tough pull on a frame machine when they are bent there. I too would fight for a frame change with the ins co.'s.