Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I did some searching on the subject and read a few older threads but really did not find a good answer, so I apologize in advance if this has been talked about before. My truck has tow hooks, which I would like to keep. Is there a bull bar out there that does not require removal of the tow hooks to install? I read one thread where someone has a Westin bar, but checking that out did not result ion finding the one he had on his truck. Thanks.

Reaction score
I am looking for a bull bar for my 1996 YUKON GT as well. There is a company out of Houston, Texas the Truck Armoury. They sell a line of grill guards (if that's your thing) and bull bars for GMT400's in either powder coated black or stainless steel, and in a classic or a modern style. They are affordable and range in price from $150.00 to $190.00 tops with FREE shipping. They also include integrated license plate and fog light mounts as well. I am going to opt for a classic style black powder coated bull bar to match my black YUKON. Although the stainless steel version seems like a better value at only $20.00 more, it will not match my blacked-out truck. I am going to call them on Monday to order one so I will ask them about the tow hooks because I want to retain mine too. I will report back on here then my findings. http://www.truckarmoury.com/#!product/zoom14v1/312369171/Chevrolet | Classic Bull Bars

Attachments

• BULL_BAR_BLACK_CLASSIC.jpg
    BULL_BAR_BLACK_CLASSIC.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 29
  • BULL_BAR_SST_CLASSIC.jpg
    BULL_BAR_SST_CLASSIC.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I had that exact Westin Bull Bar, it was ghetto fabbed onto my Toyota PU. I didn't like it and came up with an idea to cut it and grind it to fit the curves of my Silverado!

This may be a cheap option for you if you want something different and maintain your stock bumper!

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
That mod is a great idea especially if you have one lying around that doesn't fit anything. Actually after some more searching, I just found another company that markets bull bars that suspiciously appear to be the same exact thing, but are slightly cheaper in price. About $20.00 for the one I want.... http://www.truckgeardirect.com/bullbars/#gmc

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres my bull guard i really like it but only thing you have to remove tow hooks to install which u are not wanting to do. The only compliant i had with this one is i had to have them remake the brackets and i had to make holes in the brackets so it would fit my way. Then the light mounts are crap so i made thick ones out of steel to replace the thin ones. Over in all i love it after i fixed the flaws i plan one day to figure out how to re mount tow hooks on the brackets tho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
That mod is a great idea especially if you have one lying around that doesn't fit anything. Actually after some more searching, I just found another company that markets bull bars that suspiciously appear to be the same exact thing, but are slightly cheaper in price. About $20.00 for the one I want.... http://www.truckgeardirect.com/bullbars/#gmc

Good find!

check your local craigslist, might find one cheaper or just buy some steel and have someone bend it for you! I love having something different :)

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I'd find one on craigslist for cheap and have a shop make a set of brackets that will let it mount to the frame and still have the tow hooks

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

Reaction score
Yes, I been looking for a BB for weeks here on the local CL. The ones that I did find are more expensive than if I order that new one with shipping costs, and I don't even have to leave my house! Not to mention my truck was missing the front license plate bracket because I bought it from a state that doesn't require one -Mine does. So if you factor in that cost as well that BB sounds like a great deal. BTW... chevyman I take it you ordered one from them That BB in particular, the modern style sure looks great on your truck. I am prepared to do some modding myself then I still haven't ordered mine yet. May end up getting the one you have. it looks stronger, However, I still like the skid plate look, but I am not sure how thick the steel skid plate is. They don't say... CHEERS!

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Yes, I been looking for a BB for weeks here on the local CL. The ones that I did find are more expensive than if I order that new one with shipping costs, and I don't even have to leave my house! Not to mention my truck was missing the front license plate bracket because I bought it from a state that doesn't require one -Mine does. So if you factor in that cost as well that BB sounds like a great deal. BTW... chevyman I take it you ordered one from them That BB in particular, the modern style sure looks great on your truck. I am prepared to do some modding myself then I still haven't ordered mine yet. May end up getting the one you have. it looks stronger, However, I still like the skid plate look, but I am not sure how thick the steel skid plate is. They don't say... CHEERS!

yeah i ordered it for ebay from the truck gear direct.. i like the skid plate one myself..i just like running a plate up front alot people dont.. i really like mine just took awhile to get it my way like i listed i threw it out there because i dont want people that order it to think its perfect bc its not lol it stuck out like 2 inches past bumper and i put it like 1/2 inch to bumper after modify it unless its improved ive had mine for 3 or 4 years now. Besides that and light brackets the bar quality has been good from what i can tell i dont believe it would do much for protecting other than looks.

Reaction score
Yes, I do agree these are more for aesthetics than for a practical use. -outside of mounting lights and a license plate. In fact, in certain cases it would probably do more damage to the vehicle in a collision than without it. BTW.. Did you modify the supplied brackets or fabricate your own from scratch?

In a footnote... I just ordered mine. I found they had an open-box classic black BB on eBay for $89.00 with shipping. Still comes with the parts bag for what that's worth. A great deal hard to pass that one up. They still have 1 or 2 left yet at that price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-98-Chevy...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c2f572a02