Budget Build 1996 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Looks beat! But that price is awesome, especially since GM made a lot of parts the same body parts, so they are soo easy to get cheap!

Sent from underneath my truck

Reaction score
To answer a few questions. It runs great, the motor is just about the only original part in the drivetrain.

The tailgate is all finished. Where I bolted the used hinges on the box, it is starting to turn to swiss cheese. I slapped some paint on the tailgate for good looks!

Big time rust around here. To show how much rust, check out my video of this GMT400 I saw this summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HMUF3eKXac

Attachments

• Truck Tailgate.jpg
    Truck Tailgate.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Tailgate Hinge.jpg
    Tailgate Hinge.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reaction score
This is the new grille, lights, etc... Also some pictures of the interior.
I peeled all the stickers/ duct tape off of the shifter, sanded, and painted it.
I sanded the tail lights with 400 grit and brushed them with outdoor polyurethane. I have done this on previous trucks and it holds up well. I already had these materials sitting around, so this cost $0

Attachments

• Truck Grille.jpg
    Truck Grille.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Truck Interior.jpg
    Truck Interior.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Truck Seats.jpg
    Truck Seats.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 36
  • Taillight.jpg
    Taillight.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 34

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Ooo a W/T grille! Nice! I clear coated my tails, look better then they did off the show room floor

Sent from underneath my truck

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Wow, jealous. Haha, my Tahoe has a leather interior, which has shared the occasional scent of dog, smoke, and even spoiled milk at one time, and no interior odor hung around. Even with shampooing the carpets every other spring. Meanwhile, my other truck with a cloth interior...I can still smell the previous owner's B.O. when I get into it. I've cleaned the interior once already, if I don't get it out next round, the seats are going somewhere far away. Haha.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of work ahead of you, but it runs and for the cost, you can't beat that! Looks like the Junkyard will be your best friend. Good luck with the build