Bucket seat: f-body vs h-body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Jay

Reaction score
So from looking at the "bucket seat alternative" thread, I've learned that bucket seats from H-body cars (such as the 1992-1999 bonnieville) and F-body (such as the 4th gen camero/firebird) bolt up to the bench risers of our trucks.

I'm debating about switching from my manual bench to buckets but i don't know which seats are better/more comfy. I havent sat in either seat in YEARS so i dont from personal experience. I also dont plan to spend more than $100 for a pair but if im making the swap then i want the better seat!

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant verify if they would actually fit the GMT400's risers or not, but the Pontiac Bonneville seats are likely your best bet and they made tons of them. Many were loaded, so you have multiple adjustment options, adjustible lumbar, a high probability of finding nice ones, & usually a much cheaper price.

The 4th Gen Bird seats are still a high demand seat, especially 3rd Gen Bird & Camaro upgrades. Finding nice ones is hard because GM used somewhat thin leather & the fabric ones also wear poorly... that and the fact that their seat bolsters see a lot of abuse because you sit so low in the car, people use them to climb in. Finding the nicely-optioned ones is a hard/expensive quest. Most people know what they can fetch.

94_Z71

Reaction score
I got leather bucket seats out of an '07 Tahoe and a jumpseat console out of an '08 Sierra. Had to do a little drilling on the console brackets to get them to line up with the seat brackets, and then of course had to drill 8 holes in the floor boards, but it came out looking great. One thing I don't like about putting car seats in a truck, is they just don't look right. Whereas the Tahoe seats look like they could've come from the factory that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers