Brand new jasper shifts hard. Has to be out side the trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put a brand new jasper reman in my 1993 fullsize blazer after dealing with a a local rebuilder that tried to patch my trans back together and screwed it up worse than it was. The trans shifts extremely hard into second, ive had this problem with every other trans thats been in this thing (4 in the past year). Ive pretty much ruled out it being internal because of the new trans. what should I check? My dads a mechanic and we did the instal so i know it was done right? any help would be appreciatted

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the new trans have upgraded servos by chance? When I had my 4L60E rebuilt I went with billet servos and it made all the shifts quite a bit harder.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Jasper doesn't make a "new" transmission, everything is a reman at this point. Check the TVS cable adjustment and geometry

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Was 93 MAF? If so, make sure it's plugged in and working right (if 4L60E). If 700R4, set that TV cable properly like knuckle dragger said.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check the u joints and center support bearing ( if equip with one) most of the time it will jump when you shift out of park and neutral but iv seen it jump when shifting through the drive gears

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I just put a brand new jasper reman in my 1993 fullsize blazer after dealing with a a local rebuilder that tried to patch my trans back together and screwed it up worse than it was. The trans shifts extremely hard into second, ive had this problem with every other trans thats been in this thing (4 in the past year). Ive pretty much ruled out it being internal because of the new trans. what should I check? My dads a mechanic and we did the instal so i know it was done right? any help would be appreciatted

Could possibly be VSS, had one get unplugged and it wouldn't shift until about 5K and then it would SLAM into gear. If your speedo is working that's probably not it though.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It did this with the original trans also so I'm gonna say that it has nothing to do with the servos. It does not have a TV cable it's a 4l60e. The vss is working and communicating well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As always with electrical, check you grounds. If you have access to a scanner I would be checking the tps. You want .5 volt with the throttle closed, press the throttle slowly and look for a smooth increase in voltage up to full throttle that will put you 4.5-5 volts.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As always with electrical, check you grounds. If you have access to a scanner I would be checking the tps. You want .5 volt with the throttle closed, press the throttle slowly and look for a smooth increase in voltage up to full throttle that will put you 4.5-5 volts.
I'll do that today thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk