Bought a used dash...not sure I'm gonna use it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Jeez they're charging $450 for the dash body now? Was $400 when I got mine, and shipping wasn't THAT outrageous either. Given the age and how few are in usable condition anymore (and if they are, they won't be for much longer), I would shell out for the LMC again if I had to.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez they're charging $450 for the dash body now? Was $400 when I got mine, and shipping wasn't THAT outrageous either. Given the age and how few are in usable condition anymore (and if they are, they won't be for much longer), I would shell out for the LMC again if I had to.
Did you get the early interior style dash or the newer style? All I can see in your sig is a '97. The new style interior dashes they had were almost surely old stock GM. The early interior style dashes they're selling now are reproductions. But yeah; I think I do recall them being $400 to begin with. Everything is going up in cost.. shipping, too.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you get the early interior style dash or the newer style? All I can see in your sig is a '97. The new style interior dashes they had were almost surely old stock GM. The early interior style dashes they're selling now are reproductions. But yeah; I think I do recall them being $400 to begin with. Everything is going up in cost.. shipping, too.

Richard

He swapped an early dash into a later truck. Check the last page of the build thread in his sig, it's pretty cool.

Did LMC ever even sell the new style dashes? I've been getting their catalogs for 10+ years and I don't recall ever seeing one.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well you already have it so I would use it. When time comes put a dash skin on it. I’ve used there product on a newer truck and like it.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Testor’s model glue. One of the only good things I see for the northeast is there seems to be an abundance of good dashboard and interior parts. Probably because the frames rotted out before the interiors got destroyed. And less heat!

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpeg
    IMG_6140.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6142.jpeg
    IMG_6142.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6141.jpeg
    IMG_6141.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 5

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score

Richard
It's a 92-94 style dash in my 97, yes, and it's a repro. Not original GM but just as good, maybe even better. I was and am quite satisfied with my purchase.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you already have it so I would use it. When time comes put a dash skin on it. I’ve used there product on a newer truck and like it.
It fit my truck pretty well with one exception. It was shifted to the right enough so it wouldn't push the left hand interior light switch all the way in and shut the lights off. The correct fix would have been to drill out the two rivets behind the cluster and shift the plastic on the dash frame,elongate the rivet holes and pop new ones in. Yeah,I didn't do that. I found a 1/8" thick rubber washer and put it behind the plastic button that pushes against the switch.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
He swapped an early dash into a later truck. Check the last page of the build thread in his sig, it's pretty cool.

Did LMC ever even sell the new style dashes? I've been getting their catalogs for 10+ years and I don't recall ever seeing one.
They had them, forever ago. It's long since disappeared (turned "gray" in the diagrams) in the catalog. It's been long enough I can't remember for sure, and I've thrown out all the old catalogs, but I want to say it was the 1995-1996 version.

Richard