Both Speedometer and Tachometer are wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weston Graham

Reaction score
Good deal, if you go that route let us know how it works. I may be interested in that some day as well.

My trucks a obd1 and my tires are the same height as the factory ones like to day driving into Houston I was hit with a police radar my radar detector was saying I was off six miles off but if I’m going slower it will be off around three miles off it’s weird

You check by searching drac or vssb calculator, and in the little drac box by your computer there is a chip inside with I think 7 pins, you need a certain order of pins which you receive from the calculator depending on what you input. It gives you an answer in binary. So you'll have 14 terminals and 7 pins.

Thank you all for your help in trying to get my Tahoe fixed, received a Dorman replacement cluster today and it was exactly the issue. I could tell it was something in the gauges that was just plum wore out, as if you tipped the old one upside down the speedometer needle would very quickly move by itself, while the new one very very slowly moved. Tachometer issue also fixed. Would recommend rock auto as they have the best price and package these very well. Would not recommend the Delphi however, as you cannot "test" it in your vehicle as the IC is shrink wrapped and once removed cannot be returned, they also sent my the wrong model and do not offer the lifetime warranty that Dorman does.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the Dorman come with the mileage set or did you just swap the odometers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weston Graham

Reaction score
When you go to “add cart” on rockauto for the instrument cluster it allows you to enter in your odometer in and VIN number. They are remanufactured so you can get one with a faded screen. I switched the “new” faded with my original clear screen. Its 3 push clips that are super easy to be undone by hand. Definitely worth it in my opinion