Body lift question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did end up buying the performance accessories BL. I am going to make the gap guards and rear bumper mounts just to save some money. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to start my body lift tomorrow, and was wondering what road blocks everyone else has ran into so I can be prepared for those if they happen to me? Also Will the body lift effect my clutch when lifted?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Rusted body bolts. You'll want a LONG cheater pipe on a breaker bar.

An extra hand comes in handy getting the steering extension on.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
One of my bed blocks needed modifying with a dremel to clear a rivet on the frame rail. My truck is a 1994 and had to unbolt a ground wire that goes from back of engine to the power distributor thing on passenger side firewall. Unhooked brake lines from the frame under driver side fender. I used a wooden 4x4 on my jack to lift the cab high enough. Body mounts were awful so I replaced them with the energy suspension kit.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
For the rivet problem i just used one of the smaller blocks and you dont even need the steering extension

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I could not find anybody that did a body lift with a manual tranny that could give any info. The body lift did not effect my clutch at all and still goes into all gears just fine. The stick is just 3 inches lower than normal.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Since I could not find anybody that did a body lift with a manual tranny that could give any info. The body lift did not effect my clutch at all and still goes into all gears just fine. The stick is just 3 inches lower than normal.

Thank you sir! Now I can order one.

Sent from Robl@nd

zachjacobs223

Reaction score

What brand did you buy I was thinking maybe rough country or something