Bluetooth OBD2 adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone knows of a good OBD2 bluetooth adapter to use with the DashCommand app. I’ve seen people mention the Kiwi, and Bafx but I don’t believe either of them are available anymore. Any suggestions?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone knows of a good OBD2 bluetooth adapter to use with the DashCommand app. I’ve seen people mention the Kiwi, and Bafx but I don’t believe either of them are available anymore. Any suggestions?
I would think any name brand that’s for either IOS or Android you’re using.
This one supposedly does both.
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth OBD II Scanner Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader
https://a.co/d/f4BStvs

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There are some that are copies of the BAFX and I'd say they're probably a safer bet than the ubiquitous small transparent blue "mini elm327" modules. There's a bunch of those, and the couple that I got would not connect on my early OBD II GM stuff, though they did work on my '06 Chrysler.

You must be registered for see images attach

So if it's small, and transparent blue plastic.. about $10-$15, I'd probably skip it.

If it LOOKS like the BAFX and is about $20-$25, it might actually work for you. MAYBE.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some that are copies of the BAFX and I'd say they're probably a safer bet than the ubiquitous small transparent blue "mini elm327" modules. There's a bunch of those, and the couple that I got would not connect on my early OBD II GM stuff, though they did work on my '06 Chrysler.

So if it's small, and transparent blue plastic.. about $10-$15, I'd probably skip it.

If it LOOKS like the BAFX and is about $20-$25, it might actually work for you. MAYBE.

Richard
Where you seeing the BAFX for obd2 for sale? I have one, just curious cause I couldn’t find them when looking for people who ask.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Where you seeing the BAFX for obd2 for sale? I have one, just curious cause I couldn’t find them when looking for people who ask.
They're currently not available. That's why I'm recommending taking a risk on the clones of it. No idea on brand names, I just recall in the past seeing a bunch in that same housing design, and BAFX complaining on their website about clones. There's certainly no guarantee a clone of the BAFX will work, but I think you stand a better chance than the small blue ones where the couple I tried absolutely did not work.

Richard

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think any name brand that’s for either IOS or Android you’re using.
This one supposedly does both.
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth OBD II Scanner Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader
https://a.co/d/f4BStvs
I actually looked at this one, but in one of the reviews someone mentioned it shorting out and frying the electronics in their vehicle. So i’m not sure its worth the gamble with this one.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
Ive saw a bunch of the small ones but I just don't trust that they would even do what i want for only $15 lol.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
I wonder if this one would be worth a shot.. looks identical to the bafx and seems to have decent reviews.