blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ever sas ive seen they run the u bolts like that so i did. i also bought them for the 10 bolt before i found this axle and didnt want to waste them, not to mention try and track down the stock u bolt plate. Didn't know how much to notch but i guess its not going anywhere haha

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
every i see runs the flip, i know the factory ford ones are the other way, but its the same as the rear, why do the stock style when they can get hung up on more stuff when you can get the flip kit for almost the same price as the factory style stuff

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man!

i also went that way because i bought them for the 10 bolt i have so i didnt want to waste the money and they worked perfect. ordered the zero rates for the fornt and rear to get rid of the cut overload. orded the shock mounts through work for 26 bucks not sure when we will get em. trying to get the pitman arm swaped tomorrow so i can measure for the draglink and make it. shouldn't bee too much longer.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
why do the stock style when they can get hung up on more stuff when you can get the flip kit for almost the same price as the factory style stuff

i guess i just have too big a truck with too much motor to hang up ;)

cutting that support just seems like a bad idea to me

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I agree with cutting that much support is risky. But you do have to grind a hair for the u bolts when you run them like that

seems like something the aftermarket could machine a filler piece to put under the ubolt so the ubolt is not just stressing that small contact area

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i may of cut a little too much... oh well though its not going anywhere. never could find how much anyone else cut thers so i just did it like that. ill keep an eye on it.
started the shackle flip but the rain didnt let me get much progress. i also managed to change the pitman arm but didnt get to bolt the box back because it was too big and awkward to do by myself. one of the lug nuts rounded off so i had a fun ol time trying to get it off

You must be registered for see images attach

shocks and everything holding it up un bolted.

the plan is to take the lines off the 10 bolt and the backing plates and all and swap them over to the 14. ill still need to get new axle seals and drums but it will save some money and time. the brakes on it are brand new pretty much and the backing plates on the 14 are kinda rusty

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea just keep an eye on the housing. I don't really see it being a major problem. Maybe a truss later will help if you find it flexing the axel tube

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i got my zero rate today. going to install them later this week. got the front all done besides the hubs on and draglink made. got the shackle flip on but the angle sucks and after i center axle with zero rate its going to be too tall with the 2" blocks. thinking of switching to smaller shackles to lower it some so the rake isnt too bad with the front. im going to have to move the hanger forward too -_-

had to drill new holes because i guess the tahoes are different from the trucks and only one hole lined up.

angle sucks and shackle is a little too long for my tastes. shorter one will lower it some