Blacking Out my Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I think it looks good.. I would just lift that rear bumper... maybe shop for some new wheels, paint your 'GMC' but keep that grille.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I like the gold. I would say just go buy new rims or paint them black for now til you do cause they do take the look away from the rest of the truck. I'd keep the gold raise the bumper do somethin with the wheels am it would look dang good

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't listen to anyone on this thread - myself included. "Blackout was big 5 years ago..." WTF? That means nothing. Do what works for you no matter what anyone else says. Who cares what other people think? It's your truck. If you like the look, go for it! Personally, I have never liked the blackout look on anything but a Grand National (OEM blackout). Like someone else mentioned, I like a tasteful amount of chrome that looks like it might have come out of the factory. Sprayed/blacked-out lights, wheels, windows, fuzzy dice, truck nutz, paneling, blaa blaa - basically going overboard - looks very rice'ish and Pep-Boys-ish to me but again, that's just me and tastes regarding my truck. I can't speak for what brings someone else joy.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I don't mind the gold. I just don't care for it enough to have it repainted that way after I get the rocker done and take the trim off.

As far as debating goes, all I really want to do is the outside. I'd like to go with a chrome Chevy grill and black Bowtie along with black lights and projectors with hids.

To fix the body lift I'm probably going to go with a roll pan. There literally just a few more dollars than the brackets and I live roll pans, especially when backing up.

I thought about taking the steps off but I like the way the kind of cover up how much the frame hangs down lol

I need your alls help with one other thing also. I'm wanting to put my cb in this truck but I'm not sure if I want to put in a toolbox, or my buddy has one of those raised fiberglass tonneau covers that you order from the dealer that I can get extremely cheap bc they don't use it. Which one would you guys go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I don't mind the gold. I just don't care for it enough to have it repainted that way after I get the rocker done and take the trim off.

As far as debating goes, all I really want to do is the outside. I'd like to go with a chrome Chevy grill and black Bowtie along with black lights and projectors with hids.

To fix the body lift I'm probably going to go with a roll pan. There literally just a few more dollars than the brackets and I live roll pans, especially when backing up.

I thought about taking the steps off but I like the way the kind of cover up how much the frame hangs down lol

I need your alls help with one other thing also. I'm wanting to put my cb in this truck but I'm not sure if I want to put in a toolbox, or my buddy has one of those raised fiberglass tonneau covers that you order from the dealer that I can get extremely cheap bc they don't use it. Which one would you guys go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote keep the bumper, but that's just me. (your truck, dude!!- seriously. There's stuff I've done to mine that no one else likes too!) But rollpans are cool too...

I'd say keep the steps, just move them up 3" to compensate for the lift. (I have no steps on mine right now with a 3" BL- you can check my thread to see how that looks just remember I'm on stock rims yet + u can c my CB mounting stuff)