Blacking Out my Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always wanted a blacked out truck but I never thought my ford would look that good! But with my new gmc I think I may be able to pull it off! I've been reading about this plasti dip stuff so I'm going to give it a try and see how it comes out. That way if I don't like it I can peel it back off! I'm thinking atleast my wheels and the gold part of my truck but what else do you guys think? The bumpers? The chrome?

Also I'm considering trying the tail lights and maybe even the back glass and back side windows and brow of the windshield. Alright probably not the back glass or the sides but I will probably try the brow. Has anyone on here tried it? I might go ahead and do a write up if not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Please no.

"murdering out" your truck was popular 5 years ago and it will just make your truck look like crap.

I would consider a different color than black. Go to dipyourcar.com and check out the different colors of plastidip they sell and some of the cars on their forum.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Please no.

"murdering out" your truck was popular 5 years ago and it will just make your truck look like crap.

I would consider a different color than black. Go to dipyourcar.com and check out the different colors of plastidip they sell and some of the cars on their forum.

X2 on 5 years ago :nono:

Sent from the frito crumb covered Android via Tapatalk 2

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Yeah I use to like the whole black out thing but just the taillights are enough for me

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never understood the concept of blacking out myself, and am very happy that this generation of trucks still had real chrome on it (unlike today's trucks), so I don't really think it's a good idea

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well dang guys, way to talk me out of it. Black and Chrome it'll be then!

The wheels are getting a little rough those guys so what do you all think about just them and the gold part along the bottoms of my truck black? I hate all the molding crap and all of it will come off in spring. Ill probably have to have a cab corner then as well. When that happens the gold part of the truck will be rhino lined.

So what about just the wheels and gold?

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang guys I forgot to add a pic of my truck! Lol
You must be registered for see images

Also what all is needed to switch over to a Chevy grill instead if a GMC grill? I know the corner lights are different and of course the grill but anything else? I couldn't seem to find a write up about the swap...

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Just the corner lights and the grill itself and it swaps right on. Man IMO your truck looks awesome, I've never seen it before but I like the black and gold personally.

Sent from the frito crumb covered Android via Tapatalk 2

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Dang guys I forgot to add a pic of my truck! Lol

Also what all is needed to switch over to a Chevy grill instead if a GMC grill? I know the corner lights are different and of course the grill but anything else? I couldn't seem to find a write up about the swap...

How thorough of a swap do you want to do? If it's just the grill, they are completely interchangable. Just go buy a chevy grill (any will do- there's no paint on them usually)

BUT- if you want to do a full conversion you'll need something for your steering wheel at the least + badges and stuff, but it sounds like that is coming off anyways.

And about the blacking out- I think your truck looks awesome the way it is right now... and I'd leave it GMC. I think I'd just pull the guards off the box and call it good! (and move the rear bumper up since you got a BL)