Blacked out 88-98 pictures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeyneck29

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

idk if you would call this blacked out.
only picture i have on my computer.
Just dropped a brand new 4.3 in it.
stick shift
stock as a rock

Last edited:

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys.... you honestly like the look of that??? Okay... live on in your ignorance :rofl:

Everyone has their own tastes, but I kind of like the stock fleetside or stepside look. That thing looks dorky :imo:

I really like the blacked out look- cool thread.

Like you said, to each their own. That picture the truck still had 35s on it, it now has 37s and it fills the wheel well much better, who knows, if I ever build an LS motor for this thing, I might go to a 39" tire. And the fiberglass is definetly more for function over fashion to help accomodate the wider track width and how low the rear end bumps out.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Like you said, to each their own. That picture the truck still had 35s on it, it now has 37s and it fills the wheel well much better, who knows, if I ever build an LS motor for this thing, I might go to a 39" tire. And the fiberglass is definetly more for function over fashion to help accomodate the wider track width and how low the rear end bumps out.

Word. It's a purpose built truck. Yes on a street rig it wouldn't look good, but it's not designed for that. I think it looks awesome.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice tire choice :) how do you like them?

they do well for me, little mud and trail use, but haven't really been in anything the tires couldn't get me out of, though the suspension doesn't flex enough for me though :(

Man, it doesn't seem to matter what prejudices I have against trucks, there's always one on this site that makes me change my mind. Normally I hate headlight covers....but that looks awesome!

thanks, i take them off for the winter usually, but they always end up back on by March or so

oh, and i forgot about my other ride with covers and tails

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
None of these are mine but here ya go: