Blacked out 88-98 pictures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
you know i have to show up its older brother. i might have a new wheel and tire set up coming soon.
possibly 41" iroks on 20x12's.

thanks for your service, if you need any pics or info let me know.
i need to get build log up on this site.

A build thread would be awesome. Im thinking a different color now but the SAS and stance you have right here is exactly what I want.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have roughly 11" of lift, 8" skyjacker softrides up front, 3" ordirect bracket.
the rear is a 8" leaf pack from whiplash, when it was still ifs. with 1.5" block.
tires now are 39.5x16.5x15 pitbull rockers on 15x12 bart wheels.
i'll have to get the pics organized and get one going.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
i have roughly 11" of lift, 8" skyjacker softrides up front, 3" ordirect bracket.
the rear is a 8" leaf pack from whiplash, when it was still ifs. with 1.5" block.
tires now are 39.5x16.5x15 pitbull rockers on 15x12 bart wheels.
i'll have to get the pics organized and get one going.

Thanks. Do you know about how much you have into the setup? I am planning on my SAS next summer and taking my deployment money and putting it towards it.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would say with everything, around 7k. or as the wife puts it, way to much f-ing money.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tire prices around here have gone sky high. when i bought my rockers 2 years ago i paid 330 a tire,now they are over 450 a tire.
if i could do it all over again, i could've saved a couple grand on what i know now,from then.
i've been going through alot of outalne94z71 posts on the swap and wish i would found it a couple years ago.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
tire prices around here have gone sky high. when i bought my rockers 2 years ago i paid 330 a tire,now they are over 450 a tire.
if i could do it all over again, i could've saved a couple grand on what i know now,from then.
i've been going through alot of outalne94z71 posts on the swap and wish i would found it a couple years ago.

I was looking at Dirtridinz71's budget SAS. Im not going to going too rough on it, but Im sick of the IFS, and want a little more functionality out of it. Also 88GMCtruck's SAS setup. Im just going to need alot of guidance when it comes down to picking up the parts and knowing what needs to be done. I dont have the ability to weld myself on base and will probably have to have a shop help with the setup.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was in that same boat, didnt have a welder,and didnt know how. thats why i bought a kit.
i have gone through 88GMCtrucks build numerous times over the years gathering info,and
other builds on the other forums.
as for hating the ifs, i dont blame you. i had to help my brother in law out on saturday,
with his 95 tahoe. changed out the upper control arm bushings,and upper ball joints.
i dont miss that one bit.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah I had to replace all 4 of mine when I bought it. I have all of their build threads favorited and have been going back and forth with them. I love his build, especially with the 454. And where did you get the kit? What all came with it and what else did you have to pick up?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i went with the ord (offroad direct)kit, it had the front bracket, shackles and shock hoops which i didnt use.
didnt like the way they mounted to the upper control arm brackets.
i used sky man. for the cross over,and panhard bar. i got the the flat top knuckles from a friend and had a local shop
drill and tap the pass. knuckle.longer brake lines,73-87 chevy calipers,rotors,backing plates,outer chevy axle shafts,new manual locking hubs.
i could have saved a good amount on buying junkyard parts,but i wanted new brakes and other stuff then having to worry about something failing.