Billet wheels for DD ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking at some Billet specialties wheels for my dd. I can't find any wheels that have the right bs/offset for a drop. Everything I find is either ugly or bs is wrong. So either I buy ugly wheels or spend bank on billets...

So just asking , do you think billets are bad for a daily?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have billets on my truck and I had a set of billet specialties SLX 45's on my truck before the set I have now, and they do bend fairly easily, I would suggest a good tire with plenty of sidewall for sure. I do like some billet wheels for sure. I DD mine when the billet specialties were on it years ago.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Billets are sweet, but I understand wanting the durability of cast, I have cast 22's on my current DD for that very reason.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cast doesn't mean durable. Cast wheels weigh more and are thicker because they have to be, in order to be strong enough to support your vehicle. The material is way less dense than a forged wheel.

Either one hits a good enough pothole, they're going to bend. The difference is the forged wheel will usually only bend, and can be repaired - sometimes even just by whacking it carefully with a block of wood. The cast wheel will usually crack, too - or sometimes just flat out break.

Richard

InsteG8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DD billets before.... 255-40-20 & 295-40-20 never had an issue or bent wheel. When I ran 35 series tires, that was a whole different story. You eventually learn the roads you drive and miss the pot holes.

I think the only issue with DD on billets is keeping them clean and shined up.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to go with a 255/45/20 front and 295/45/20 rear 4/6 drop. Roads are crap here, maybe I should just go with cast wheels?

That's the same size tire I run on my daily that's on 20 inch racelines and I have no problems what so ever.