Bigger tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve had 31s on my 2wd when it was all stock. WITH stock wheels

I had 33s on there but they rubbed horrendously on the fronts when turning. Fit fine on rear. Once I did a body lift the 33s fit fine.

This was on a stock height truck

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Top pic is with 33x12.5 and bottom pic is withb35x12.5. Both on 15x10 steel wheels. With 3 inch body 3 inch suspension. I had 4:56 gears and a Eaton locker. Came with 3:08s and open diff from the factory and with 35 it was a complete D O G.

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was younger I used to want to lower my truck.
Now I live in the mountains and want ground clearance for snow and huge boulders on the trails I drive and hunt, lifting seems to make sense.

The question is, can I afford to do so safely, (and affordably), with the front end GM has provided me with the GMT400?

The tires on the 99' Suburban look anemic, in my opinion. The design is very cool.
Accepting the design engineers opinion on the final product, (ie:tire size) is very difficult, from a 4WD perspective. (Mine is a 10.5" full floater with 8 lugs).

Every photo of the lifted version, with larger tires (done properly), looks like the way it should have been delivered. (This is planned by GM). The lifted version were photographed before the trucks were even sold at the showroom.

The parts to lift the front end properly are not cheap.

Must mod truck.... Must mod truck...
It's a lifestyle... I suppose.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
31x10.50's on a dead-nuts stock RCSB C1500. They fit but I thought they looked a little tight on the front. Stock wheels.

All that and a 4.3 V6 and 3L80.. what a combo, lol

Richard