BFG All Terrains or Goodyear Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to confuse you more but the Kelly safari tsr an the cooper discoverer stt are awesome tires from everything ive read about them.

Those an the duratracs are the only ones on my list when I go to get new ones on my truck.

the kelly safari tsr's are good tires i got a set and they are cheaper than duratracs..good off road also

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id buy two matching bfgs....u seen the cost of rubber lately? haha...seriously I would take the good deal and run with it.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another Alternative I would recommend the Falken Wildpeak AT...tread design looks cool and handles well. A customer has them on his plow truck (running them in 35's eek). Has had zero complaints. THEY ARE VERY REASONABLE PRICED!

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
I like the BFG All Terrains. They tend to pack with snow, but you said they'll never see winter, so that won't be a problem. I had some on my Ford, I think I put 45K miles on them and they still had a ways to go when I traded the truck in.

Personally, I don't trust Goodyears as far as I can throw them. When I worked for a tire shop, we were under standing orders to never keep any Goodyear Marathon trailer tires as trade ins (from our packrat store manager). I found out why when I had a customer had one blow up on his trailer. Thing is, it was mounted on the spare rack at the time.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the BFG All Terrains. They tend to pack with snow, but you said they'll never see winter, so that won't be a problem. I had some on my Ford, I think I put 45K miles on them and they still had a ways to go when I traded the truck in.

Personally, I don't trust Goodyears as far as I can throw them. When I worked for a tire shop, we were under standing orders to never keep any Goodyear Marathon trailer tires as trade ins (from our packrat store manager). I found out why when I had a customer had one blow up on his trailer. Thing is, it was mounted on the spare rack at the time.

Goodyear makes great tires! Like any other product that is mass produced sometimes there are flaws in the system. Never had delt with GY trailer tires but I personally have the GY Eagle GT's on DD, My father has the Silent Armor's on his Avy that he takes upstate on up hill unpaved roads. Michelin Makes BFG and I get alot of warranty claims for them due to dry rot. Michelin does a great job handling it's customers (so does GY and Dunlop) but still going to have to pay someone to do the labor all over again.

You two free tires...just buy the other two. You can never beat that deal.

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
Goodyear makes great tires! Like any other product that is mass produced sometimes there are flaws in the system. Never had delt with GY trailer tires but I personally have the GY Eagle GT's on DD, My father has the Silent Armor's on his Avy that he takes upstate on up hill unpaved roads. Michelin Makes BFG and I get alot of warranty claims for them due to dry rot. Michelin does a great job handling it's customers (so does GY and Dunlop) but still going to have to pay someone to do the labor all over again.

You two free tires...just buy the other two. You can never beat that deal.

I'm glad you've had good luck with GYs. I'm sure they do make some good ones, and not every tire (even the trailer tires) will have issues with tread separation. But, in my view, its like guys on Ford forums defending their 6L diesel trucks, saying they've never had a problem with their early 03 truck. I'm glad you've had a good experience, but after working for a Ford dealer for a long time (when the 6L came out), you tend to be soured on the whole experience.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country ATs were among the top rated AT tires the last time I checked. I loved mine.

I don't have any personal experience with BFG ATs but I've had a set of toyo ATs and I sure wouldn't list them in the top 10 of a list of all terrain tires. Wet weather traction was horrible even compared with the set of Mastercraft Courser ATs that i had before, two of them took a ton of weight to ballance and the other two hardly took any and they were always the same no matter who balanced them, and they rode hard as hell for a c load range tire. the only thing i will say good about them was they looked good.

Cooter

Reaction score
I have new 31" BFG AT'S and they chew threw the mud like no problem, and with proper air pressure and rotation they should last a while

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for all the info guys I read a couple comments just telling me to keepem and its what im going to do, take the deal and run. I was not expecting so many replies but its all great info.

Cheers!

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad you've had good luck with GYs. I'm sure they do make some good ones, and not every tire (even the trailer tires) will have issues with tread separation. But, in my view, its like guys on Ford forums defending their 6L diesel trucks, saying they've never had a problem with their early 03 truck. I'm glad you've had a good experience, but after working for a Ford dealer for a long time (when the 6L came out), you tend to be soured on the whole experience.

Trailer tires are a whole different animal from truck tires. Goodyear trailer tires may be lousy, but that should not be any indication of their truck tire quality. Just my 2 cents.

Actually relevant: Im glad youre taking the deal. You're really lucky, congrats!