best method to remove bushing from can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

What is the best method to remove the rubber from inside the old can? I'm thinking of using a press to push the center bolt slide thing out, then hack saw the rubber. Or I could blow torch it....how have you guys done this?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
torch is what we used on my dad's car.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember. It was about 5 years ago and I was just along for the ride.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Use a torch. Yes it makes a small mess but most burns away. Use the cutting tip.

Sent from Rob's MeMo Tab!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I used to burn 'em out.

Do it outside. Far away from anything. Or anybody.

They make a heckuva lotta smoke and a heckuva lotta mess.

Have an extinguisher or hose handy...

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A balljoint press tightened up then ad some heat to the outside of the sleve and it should slide right out. Far less mess then just torching.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
The kit came with sleeves. These are certainly not easy to figure out. How do you go about the upper a arm cans? They don't look like they come apart?
There is a pic of the upper a arm bushings in this link.http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...it+1990+1996&gclid=CL6D5Z39ybsCFcVFMgodmyAAew

How do they come apart? Are they 3 piece? Or 2 piece? i can't figure out how the energy suspension bushing fits in it! These bushings are really frustrating and come with useless instructions!

Last edited: