Beltech 4/6 drop with shocks install - what should I replace also?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Planning to drop my C2500 n3ext week using the Beltech 4/6 drop kit with beltech shocks.
Its a 1993 with what looks to be original suspension, and whil it is torn apart I figure I would replace any additional parts/pieces with new to save for any future problems.
My question is if there are any certain parst that anyone can recommend?
I am not sure how to know if the upper or lower conrol arm bushings are any good or the ball joints...
I dont have any weird noises currently, just want to save the future trouble...
Thx

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I rebuilt the whole front end when I did my black '98.
Installed a full urethane suspension & body mount kit at the same time.
I have to pay for hoist time so to save on that, I boughht a set of UCA's & LCA's from the wreckers & installed new ball-joints & the urethane bushings beforehand, then painted them up all purdy.
The bushing install was a PitA! Needed to use the mondo-huge press to get 'em in.
Not sure if C3500's are the same as the C1500's but if so, the the upper control arms need to have the castor adjustment slots punched, if they haven't been done already. There's a special tool that makes the job pretty simple.
The B/T shocks in the kit are not that great. Rebranded Doestch's. Upgrade to the B/T Street Performers.
Don't forget to notch the box crossmember. That's not mentioned in the instructions.

You must be registered for see images attach

We also flipped the brakeline junction box around so that the soft line had a straight shot to that junction instead of having to snake forward then back. Modded the soft line's bracket off of the frame a bit too. Prevents any chance of the line getting pinched.

I'd also highly recommend this kit, too. BellTech #6658. Upper shock mount relocation kit. Brings the upper mounts closer to diff & corrects the angle back to where the shocks work as they should. The shocks get pretty laid-out with a 6" drop.

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced ball joints on mine and steering components when I did my drop

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great advice on this, thanks for the tips!
The kit has the street performance shocks with the lower shock extenders as well......I will have to contact Beltech and ask if the uppers are needed?

I did not know about notching the box crossmember... I gues it would be best to take the bed off for this..

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My next upgrade will be 2" drop spindles and QA 1 coil overs, because whoever lowered it beforehand just torched the springs. Hoping to have it done within next 2 weeks or so.
It doesn't ride that badly but it just isn't what I want for this truck, Im trying to get things squared away correctly as Im keeping it
Bobby V
PS Im running 20x9 with 255/35/20 rubber and they were rubbing but we rolled the fenders and its ok now, except for BIG DIPS I believe, so I might raise it a 1/2" 0r so, we'll see