Back to stock height? Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m been thinking about getting my truck back to stock height with a level or 2” drop in the back. Going with 20”x8.5 front and 20”x9.5 rear wheels, attached picture. I will be Doing a paint job to restrore oem color. Going more for the sport truck look and getting back close for oem to get the reliability and get back the fuel mileage. I don’t really like the road noise and harder ride. Also want to install 4.10 gears. What do you all think? Since I did the 4” lift and mud tires couple years ago it has only been off road a handful of times.
Which do you all prefer off road look or sport truck look?

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I’m been thinking about getting my truck back to stock height with a level or 2” drop in the back. Going with 20”x8.5 front and 20”x9.5 rear wheels, attached picture. I will be Doing a paint job to restrore oem color. Going more for the sport truck look and getting back close for oem to get the reliability and get back the fuel mileage. I don’t really like the road noise and harder ride. Also want to install 4.10 gears. What do you all think? Since I did the 4” lift and mud tires couple years ago it has only been off road a handful of times.
Which do you all prefer off road look or sport truck look?

My outer hick says keep the off-road look, but the inner street truck guy in me says lower and slap some nice shiny 454SS or some sort of Drag-lite style rims.

Or buy two trucks and have one in each flavor? I think that's something we all wish we could do,

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm biased on this one. Its 2wd so most say low or level but being extended cab I think they look best slightly lifted like yours or mine, if it was a regular cab then they look better stock or 2/4 drop.
Your truck I'd keep her as is and mayb just regear.