Back in a GMT400 - The Ugly Brown Farm Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
While you are digging into the thing, check all your grounds & ground straps! ( When you have a Check engine light, or not, a cause could be a ground... especially on an older truck... mine is also an '88)

Open your doors and take a look below the hinges, at the fender... pull out the stuff accumulated in that debris catching void, that can cause rust.

There's a pretty good chance your heater core is full of "farm debris" fallen down from those windshield vents.

Last edited:

NotARealK2500

This'll be my last GMT400, I swear!
Reaction score
While you are digging into the thing, check all your grounds & ground straps! ( When you have a Check engine light, or not, a cause could be a ground... especially on an older truck... mine is also an '88)

Open your doors and take a look below the hinges, at the fender... pull out the stuff accumulated in that debris catching void, that can cause rust.

There's a pretty good chance your heater core is full of "farm debris" fallen down from those windshield vents.
Yes! I learned this lesson with my '93 K2500. Consider it done! :)

Moved on with the cosmetic stuff; winter has really hampered my ability to work on this thing, with work-related projects taking up the shop space. Some things done so far-

GMC Front end swapped:
You must be registered for see images attach

Transmission started clunking, mostly from 1-2 and 2-3. Swapped the transmission mount with an Energy Suspension universal mount = MUCH better. Before:

After:

Amazon Dash kit with Pioneer radio installed (first time this truck has had sound!):

Lowering shackles and and chrome rear bumper are going on tomorrow! Dorman exterior door handle if things go quckly!

NotARealK2500

This'll be my last GMT400, I swear!
Reaction score
Moving on -

Out with the rusty black W/T bumper and bald tires, in with the minty junkyard chrome and fresh rubber:

Had to burn out a bushing and mangle a shackle, but the back is lowered 2" now:

Got 3" springs, 2" drop hangers, and a tonneau cover for next weekend's project:

Wheels need to be painted, I think. And I'm really tempted to weld up a flatbed for it because I know I can't hide that dent on the bed or find a longbed in the same color... maybe a summer project.:rolleyes: