Back in a 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Reaction score
I'm finally back in a 400. I had a 98 in highschool, rcsb z71. I loved that truck. Power windows locks mirrors, cruise, 350. Loved it. Got away from them for a while, had a couple gmt800's and a power stroke. That was a mistake. Anyway I've been driving my 78 k10 for the last two years, but the time has come to park it for rust repair and a repaint. My buddy has had a 97 Cheyenne parked in his driveway since 2015, and I was finally able to buy it. I've been wanting another 400 for a while, and now I have 2 in my yard. The 97 has vinyl flooring, manual windows locks and mirrors. It is an auto with AC and cruise, and 4x4. Rcsb. And the 4.3 v6. It's a very basic truck but it's in great shape cosmetically. And it's exactly what I wanted lol. It's got 195k on it but it's been taken care of. It has a couple small issues that I hope to get some help with.
The other truck is a 90 Silverado, RC step side. Power windows and locks, 4x4. 282k, and it smokes like a freight train. 350 TBI, auto trans and AC. It belongs to my father in law but I'm hoping to end up with it. Sorry for the long post lol.

TravisR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 90 in highschool and I'm just now getting around to "recreating" it 11 years later. If only we had just kept those trucks haha. Good luck with your 97, I don't see too many 4x4 V6's.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,my folks lived just down the road from you in Morganton in the late 70's. I went to Hickory Speedway while visiting.

bigcountry78

Reaction score
Thanks. I traded my 98 in on an 02 ext cab, because I had it in my head that a new truck must be better. I pretty much gave it away, it had 199k on it and it's second transmission was slipping. They gave me 3k for it. It didn't use a drop of oil, and the truck I bought started smoking the day after I signed the papers on it. Only 93k on the 5.3. Oh well. It's too bad I sold my warn trans4mer, nerf bars, and eagle alloys off my 98. I sure could use them now.