Back in a 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Welcome from just outside of Houston in Magnolia, TX!

Wow that's a great looking 2 door!

You'll be passing right by me on the way home with it. Might as well stop by my place and swap out those leather seats for my cloth... :jester:

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im actually in Porter, closer to magnolia than Houston. Them seats are nice looking!!

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice I'd like to get me a 2dr Tahoe I like the look of them. I like the pewter color as well my NBS Tahoe is pewter as well.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A favor when you get it.... can you take a picture or even short video of the back seat folding/folded down?

I have a 1992 Blazer and want to see if there are any differences.

thanks

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had a 1994 2 door and a 1999 2 door 2 wheel drive plus this 2 door 2 wheel drive.
I dont remember there being a difference, other than the cushion shape.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, thanks.... I was thinking about putting an amp and sub under the seat, but it goes down all the way to the floor... so looks like I have to find another option

Ive had a 1994 2 door and a 1999 2 door 2 wheel drive plus this 2 door 2 wheel drive.
I dont remember there being a difference, other than the cushion shape.

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically its not mine yet because I pick it up Saturday. I'm in Houston and the truck is in Grand Prarie TX. But the deal is done and i just have to pick it up.
Been looking for a while and this one was on my radar for about 2 weeks, but the price was a little higher than what i wanted to pay for it. But after many calls and not finding anything else anywhere close to the condition this one was, and about 1000000000 calls to the owner we settle on a trade and some cash.
It has everything already done to it.
1999 w/ 200,000 miles or so

New:
wheels
tires
leather interior
carpet
front and rear suspension lowered on belltech kit
shocks
plugs
wires
distributor
injector spider
etc.........

Pretty excited to get back into one.
Here are some pics
You must be registered for see images attach

Sooo, your the one that got it. I was looking at that one too, it was just more than I wanted to spend. But worth it. I ended up with an all stock, very well kept 99.
Good looking truck. I would like to hear about how the ride is and info on the drop it has.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up doing some trading and cash for it. It runs very good. Drove it from Dallas to Houston yesterday with no problems. Got it up to 95 after a good 2 hours of driving it and feeling comfortable with it, didn't stay there too long and drove 80 the rest of the way. It has the vibration avow 65 and below 70 like all the tahoe's. My old 99 did the same exact thing. Helped when i got a pinion angle block for the rear. Very happy with it other than that. It has belltech 2" spindles and belltech 3.5" drop leafs. The rear is stiff needless to say but it has stock height shocks. Ill be changing those out asap. He gave me 2/1 belltech coils and the rear drop shackles to go another 1" out back.
Post some pics of what you bought.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice tahoe. kinda wish i would have gone that way with mine. i have a 99 2dr 2wd as well. and it was unmolested when i got it as well. still very clean, but i lifted mine instead of lowering it. i do have to say one thing about yours though i love the pewter. i grew up in a pewter suburban, been one of my favorites ever since. great tahoe my friend.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice tahoe. kinda wish i would have gone that way with mine. i have a 99 2dr 2wd as well. and it was unmolested when i got it as well. still very clean, but i lifted mine instead of lowering it. i do have to say one thing about yours though i love the pewter. i grew up in a pewter suburban, been one of my favorites ever since. great tahoe my friend.

These trucks look good either way and the good thing about is if you do want to lower, its not too expensive.
Did a couple things over the weekdend.
In her new home!

Added a Viper 5706v alarm and tinted the windows 5% out back and 20% up front

Also for anybody having problems with their locks not working the alarm guy helped me out. These two harness are behind the driver side kick panel by the hood release latch. I thought the actuators were out but he got them to work by jumping the 2 orange wires. I tried the fuse and it was good. I changed out the keyless entry relay under the dash and that didn't work. Ill still be searching for a solution instead of the jumper wire but its working fine as is now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
98_Silverado