Axle wrap fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
It's hard to be sure of what exactly you are experiencing. If you can borrow a go-pro camera that may help out in that you can see what is happening when you take off.

You have to know what the issue is before you can fix it. Measuring your pinion angle vs the driveshaft and comparing that to others may help out in diagnosing. An inexpensive angle finder is your friend... see if you can beg or borrow one from someone.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Your solution for everything it put your truck back to stock if thats all you got to say keep your mouth shut

This isn't really helpful. ^ The factory has done engineering for you, and designed things in a certain way so that they all work together. When you un-engineer it with aftermarket parts and change geometries, you may or may not get what you want.

For the heavy DIY'er you might consider reading up on Race Car Vehicle Dynamics [ Milliken & Milliken ] as there are chapters on suspension design.

A larger tire will have more torque over the springs, there is no doubt about that, however it may be something as simple as correcting the pinion angle, or even worn leaf spring bushings at the front.

Reaction score
They make an app for that! I have something like 1-2 deg at the t/c, 13 on the D/S and 3 at the pinion. I didn't write them down so that could be all wrong. That and my driveway is a bit slanted. I'll check them again when I'm changing my oil tonite. I go-pro'd it, the axle wrap is putting the u-joints in a bind at the t/c and it vibrates. Clear as day when you blip the throttle from a stop.

I knew what I was getting myself into when I pulled the trigger on the lift. I knew that blocks were not the ideal way to lift, but figured they'd work for a bit since they were included, and they are working for now. But they are not reliable and will soon be upgraded. This is certainly not my first vehicle build, but is my first time lifting a truck with over 2". I don't have tons of spare time to keep trying things until something works. I work in an aircraft factory, and we just had a rate break and we are pumping out an airplane section every 2 days. When I'm not working, I'm sleeping. I had to plan 3 weeks ahead of time just to take off work for 3 days to install the lift. I'm always working ,but the OT $$$$$ is awesome!!

That's where the forums come in. I get to ask people who have already went through all this before and have solid advice to offer. We are discussing a MODDED truck, so input about leaving it or putting it back to STOCK is useless in a thread regarding axle wrap on a truck with 6" of lift and 35's. I'm by no means complaining about my ride quality, towing capacity, or anything else for that matter. I just want meaningful input on the best course of action to fix my issue. I got exactly what I wanted out of the RCX kit. The front end lift is very well designed, and the ride is not bad at all. I just don't like that I can't floor it from a standstill until I replace the blocks. How could anyone be mad with a truck as sweet as mine!

Last edited: