Ardent Fab Custom Axle Flip, C-Notch, and Shock Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, ultimately getting away from the leaf springs would be a great option, especially for my intended use of the truck. I'd love to build a watts link, I bet there's a few 10 bolt diff. covers out there that provide pick-up points for a watts link. Then it's just easy simple linkages and brackets. It would also be nice to be able to fine tune rear spring rate as well. It's actually a bit bouncy at low speeds but loaded up it feels awesome.

What 5 speed do you have in your truck?
Stock nv3500. Gonna run till she blows then t56 it probably. Seems to be holding up well so far. I dont run super sticky tires, and i put a Eaton trutrac in also. It puts a smile on my face lol

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Stock nv3500. Gonna run till she blows then t56 it probably. Seems to be holding up well so far. I dont run super sticky tires, and i put a Eaton trutrac in also. It puts a smile on my face lol

Cool, we put a T56 in my buddies GMT800 and the hardest part was messing with the clutch pedal assembly and master cylinder. Other than that we need to swap out the gears to 4.11 or something and while we're at it install a Truetrac.

Man I want a Truetrac so bad haha, that's all I'll need!! That one-wheel-peel just kills me... My buddy yells out YOLO every time (you only left one) haha.

RickLSX

Reaction score
Looks sick! I would imagine it rides much better with the shocks mounted on the out side of the frame, do ya have any pics of how you mounted the shocks to the bottom of the axel?

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Looks sick! I would imagine it rides much better with the shocks mounted on the out side of the frame, do ya have any pics of how you mounted the shocks to the bottom of the axel?
Thanks! They're actually not mounted to the axle itself, rather the bottom plate that the U-bolts go through.

Don't mind the stacked up washers lol, I didn't have any aluminum tubing to make some spacers on the lathe.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice brackets man. Wish i had more than my lincoln 140 mig so i could do stuff like that. I wonder how good s10 lower brackets would fit, cause they had the shock mount there to

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Nice brackets man. Wish i had more than my lincoln 140 mig so i could do stuff like that. I wonder how good s10 lower brackets would fit, cause they had the shock mount there to

Just crank that baby up all the way and put some heat into it! I typically don't really work with anything thicker than 1/4" steel or aluminum. Anything bigger than that I can typically use a thinner metal and box/gusset it for the same strength about.

I'll have to look into that. As long as the S10 brackets have the right sized and located holds and such, it may be a good option.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I'm always trying to create products for my business so everything I build on my truck I keep in mind for mass production.

I want the back end a bit lower still so I'm actually thinking of developing a rear shackle with multiple points to fine tune the height. A lot of kits out there only have one spot and one height to choose. I'll share pictures when I get a set started.

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you making those lower brackets to sell? And where did you find the top shock mounts? Part # on the shocks? I need to drop mine another 3", so a flip kit is in my future as well. Would be nice to make all these changes at once.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you making those lower brackets to sell? And where did you find the top shock mounts? Part # on the shocks? I need to drop mine another 3", so a flip kit is in my future as well. Would be nice to make all these changes at once.
My guess is if he built that bad ass lower mount, he probably built the top one to. Looks awesome