Ardent Fab Custom Axle Flip, C-Notch, and Shock Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickLSX

Reaction score
Very nice, looking closer at the lower mounts, do i see provisions for traction bars? I see a bolt/sleeve in the front of the mount, wondering if that's what your going for, very nice, i would love to get my hands on a set of your shock mounts there perfect!

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Most drop shackles have a setting for a 1" or a 2" drop.

Right, I want to make a set that gets some finer adjustments like 1/2" increments or so.

Are you making those lower brackets to sell? And where did you find the top shock mounts? Part # on the shocks? I need to drop mine another 3", so a flip kit is in my future as well. Would be nice to make all these changes at once.

If there's enough interest, I probably will. As for the top mount, brianmcb is right, I fabricated those too.

The shocks I got are KYB MonoMax for the Jeep CJ5 (#565037), rears. I will say though that they're really firm, I wouldn't suggest it for a comfy street ride but it'd be great for like an Autocross truck. Really, any shock for the CJ5 Jeep should work.

Very nice, looking closer at the lower mounts, do i see provisions for traction bars? I see a bolt/sleeve in the front of the mount, wondering if that's what your going for, very nice, i would love to get my hands on a set of your shock mounts there perfect!

Correct, there are provisions for traction bars such as caltracs, slide-a-links, assassin bars, etc. Would just be a matter of making some spacers and matching the hole size to the bolts.

I could take orders but I will probably be a few weeks before I could have some ready to ship out the door (also working on my GMT800 Polyurethane mounts production; making a batch with new plasma cuts).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Wanted to share pictures of the small press brake I fabricated to bend up the 1/4" thick pieces of my C-notch project. Really handy. Bends come out nice and crisp, so much better than having to beat a piece with a hammer in a vice lol.

On a side note, I'm selling the 4" lowering kit for the rears I had on before this. Drop hangers and shackles. DM me of interested.
You must be registered for see images attach

NcMilkMan

Reaction score
Look damn good brother, never thought of adding piece onto bottom mount for shocks thanks for the idea

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Look damn good brother, never thought of adding piece onto bottom mount for shocks thanks for the idea

Do you by chance keep the deminsions of the pieces you welded for the bottom brackets

Thanks! Yea it's nothing new really, just more common on cars. Usually just due to packaging and available space.

I do actually, however, I can't share the dimensions, that'd be like asking a magician to reveal his secrets [emoji28] but I can sell a set to you. There has been a bit of interest, maybe enough to warrant making it a product available through my business.

Last edited:

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Gotcha how much would you chatge me for both shock mounts if i send you my plates off my flip kit?
I don't really want to modify another brand's product but I am thinking of selling a complete kit with the lower mount/leaf spring pads and upper mounts, maybe even with shocks as an option. I don't have a price yet, I just need to sit down and figure that out. I'll try to come up with something as soon as I can though.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yessir, I sure did, and thank you. Everything's TIG welded.

Lol yea, for time's sake I just slapped some spray paint on it because I absolutely needed to finish it that weekend.
Well it looks super clean. It's inspired me to go that route when I notch mine. Are you pretty satisfied with a leaf spring set up? I ask because I have toyed with the idea of a 4 link. I can't decide if it would be worth all the work. Or just good shocks, sway bar and some traction bars.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Well it looks super clean. It's inspired me to go that route when I notch mine. Are you pretty satisfied with a leaf spring set up? I ask because I have toyed with the idea of a 4 link. I can't decide if it would be worth all the work. Or just good shocks, sway bar and some traction bars.

Thanks, I appreciate it! And yes, I'm really happy with it; truck feels planted and finally doesn't sound like it's about to break in half when I go over a bump.

Oh I would have totally gone with a four link and panhard bar instead. It's just out of budget for time and money. The leaf springs and associated parts were easier because that's what the truck came with but I'll be making a four link in the future when I can afford to do it (would greatly benefit from a Detroit Truetrac differential first though lol).

I mentioned earlier that it is kinda bouncy but I think that's mostly due to the fact that I have the KYB MonoMax shocks that they advertise with "40% more damping force". They're much, much stiffer than the cheap twin tubes you find off the shelf so I think they add spring rate out back and being that there's no weight there it's just a little stiff. If I had a four link I could change spring rates and such. Another plan in the future is to build a fuel tank to fit in between the frame rails where the spare tire lived to help get some weight back there where it needs it.

Also, many of the shocks have a metal cover welded on that makes it too wide to fit between the frame rails and shocks so it's really the only one that will work other than Bilsteins (from what I've come across).

Last edited: