Anyone work on garage door openers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Stanley garage door opener that wont shut, it starts to but then acts like something is in it's way. I can disconnect it and it goes up & down nice and smooth and I can hit the button and it will work like it should. I can have someone ells hit the button and I can apply a small amount of assistance and it will close like it should. I searched and couldn't find much so I thought I would ask you guys.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Geni and it randomly does that too. Alit of time for me it is the sensors at the bottom of the foor get bumped and are out of wack. Just a thought

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought that too but this one is so old it doesn't have sensors, thanks for the idea thou.
I stopped searching for just my type and searched for just my problem and I think I found it, some kind of "force" adjustment. I hope it's right, I'll try it when I get home.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
If its an old one before the sensors there should be some kind of resistance sensitivity adjustment as a safety feature.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
check the chain. We just replaced ours...

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a chain, but I found the knob to adjust the resistance sensitivity and that took care of it for now, it's probably a sign that it's getting worn out thou.
Thanks for the help.