Anyone put an Escalade front clip on a 97 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I've seen em on lowered stuff on the nbs and I gotta have my truck up or it's not gonna move in the winter, just think it'd look cool lifted on 35s with Escalade front clip on it . I like to be as different as possible, every obs here has same headache rack, home built push bar, body lift, on 33x12.50r 15(16s sometimes) and same duals with no cats or mufflers . Can't really tell one truck from the other ND besides my stereo ( which u can hear a mile away) I wanna make sure u can tell mine apart!

There are a few random people with money here and there, but most are rot boxes exactly as you described.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yall must be some youngsters ;) we were Caddy clipping gmt400's left and right once that front end came out. It's "old news" now but who cares, if you wanna do it, do it, they look good.

Just keep in mind the real GM fenders have holes for the flare, the aftermarket kit does not. And the kit parts are fairly low quality Chinese stuff.

Richard

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yall must be some youngsters ;) we were Caddy clipping gmt400's left and right once that front end came out. It's "old news" now but who cares, if you wanna do it, do it, they look good.

Just keep in mind the real GM fenders have holes for the flare, the aftermarket kit does not. And the kit parts are fairly low quality Chinese stuff.

Richard

No I've seen many done , been years it was all the nbs trucks. I'm almost 40 and was heavy into it in my 20s but been up here in the boondocks nobody does nothing to thier trucks! I just haven't seen it done on the obs , I saw the cheap kits and I think I'm going to source sum authentic fenders, hood and front clip to do it tho. A good buddy of mine is a body man and we have done a few cars and I have learned the hard way that cheap aftermarket parts are just that "cheap aftermarket parts" rather use used oem parts I think. I'm more wondering if I'm gonna have to modify the core support and alot of structural parts to make it work. Definantly don't wanna make it a huge project. More after a weekend project ( two professionals ,lifetime body man and lifetime mechanic, can get ALOT done in a weekend.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's a bolt-on to your existing core support. Now that's assuming you mean 1st gen Escalade clip onto your gmt400.

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been tempted multiple times at the pull and pay, but I don't like the idea of a bumper that gets scratched and looks like ****. I push stuff with my trucks.

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I’ve been seeing Denalis and Escalades at the pull a part quite often..and I wouldn’t mind getting the front clips off..just to help anyone out who is doing the swap...it would look great on a lifted truck...I love seeing different things done to see to our trucks..

Last edited:

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this swap back in '01, the first pic was during the resto a few years ago. The second pic is of it in the background before the resto.

You must be registered for see images attach

miles0

Reaction score
I just finished my Denali front end last month I wasn’t even looking for the front end parts yet but I know I wanted something different I didn’t really like the W/T front i had but at the local junkyard they only wanted 150 for it an luckily I drove my truck that day & don’t forget the Bumper brackets like I did thinking that my old ones would work
. I got the idea from my old boss who runs a custom shop he had his old single cab hidden in the back he drove in the late 90’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillaCMB

Reaction score
I just scored my complete front end for $200. I have a 94 stepside. Personally, I love this look.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not lifted K1500's, but... :D

My old '92 ECLB that I Caddy clipped

and my buddy Rob's '88 RCSB that was built at my old shop

man that truck was a Frankenstein monster.. frame, cab, front clip, doors, bed, tailgate, engine/trans, and interior were all from different parts trucks.

Richard