Anyone have experience with gmt800 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

FINALLY got my damn gmt800 rear passenger door open

used deep creep, knockerloose, a sledge, a punch or 2, screwdrivers, small prybar, and swear words to get the bottom undone

Turned out , at some point I SUCCEEDED and didnt know it, but it wasnt that long befroe I got the door open. Just funny because I just started wacking the door outward from inside and it started to inch open, turns out the hinges were crusty and the seals on the rear door probably were sucking it toward shut lol!
Not to self for the driver side..

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
note to self., when step dad says "he fixed the wiring to the rear properly" assume properly means poorly lol.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
note to self., when step dad says "he fixed the wiring to the rear properly" assume properly means poorly lol.

Properly in this instance just means one step better than twisting the wires together. Probably OE spec in his mind.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Every time I see close up pics of the rust, I cringe, and then I thank my lucky stars for where I live that does not have rust problems. I truly feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with rust.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every time I see close up pics of the rust, I cringe, and then I thank my lucky stars for where I live that does not have rust problems. I truly feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with rust.
Even with safety glasses the rust just falls in your face. As soon as I finish installing my outdoor hose I’m going to get the pressure washer and at least remove the flakes that are in such large amounts. It may sctually rust slower removing the rot like that lol

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If is affordable, I would cut my losses and get rid of it and go to a climate that sells trucks with no rust. I lived and turned wrenches in a rust state, for years, and then moved to PNW over 28 years ago. Nirvana out here with no rust.