Anyone have experience with gmt800 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You have hoses and lines attached that can shift and move the radiator. You can have a cradle for the bushing that can move for some reason. You can just have the insulator/bushing move because it was not tight. The upper supports could have allowed it to move. Loose bolts/nuts....anything.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks like something got a bit twisted and/or broken off? Never had the radiator out of the Denali but the construction looks similar to my old Dodge Intrepid. Those mounts are supposed to in the appropriate holes, but obviously something happened for it not to be! Does this truck have electric fans or a clutch fan on the water pump? On ours the e-fans were mounted in the shroud and that helped hold the radiator in place.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like something got a bit twisted and/or broken off? Never had the radiator out of the Denali but the construction looks similar to my old Dodge Intrepid. Those mounts are supposed to in the appropriate holes, but obviously something happened for it not to be! Does this truck have electric fans or a clutch fan on the water pump? On ours the e-fans were mounted in the shroud and that helped hold the radiator in place.
It has a single clutch fan and just a shroud. The weird part is they bolt the radiator to the core support at the top, and to me, unless the plastic that retains the top of the radiator was bad i dont see how it could have gotten out of that slot. But Ill get in there tomorrrow and take a look. im defintely taking pictures because wtf!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looking at new radiators, it looks like they've got a nub like mount on each side that sits in place. I'd think it's a pretty good possibility one of the plastic mounts broke off.
If it didn't break, maybe something else broke, to let the rubber thingy come out(I saw your post on this on the square body forum too).

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My guess is that last time it was apart a cushion or rubber piece was lost allowing for up and down movement even with the rad cover bolt tightened.
Its never been out, i even confirmed it with my step dad (First and only other owner)

I still am confused as to how the power steering cooler in front of the condensor is bent despite not being any evidence of front end damage or anything going through the grille
You must be registered for see images attach